View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:59 PM
there are a lot of good books on the subject - i don't know the one staffy mentions - but i'm sure it'd be great. have a look and see what you can get in your local library! i know in wales our libraries tend to have a few dog books. you'll be fine hun - I promise. You coped really well with that pregnant rat you got didn't you? well - this is similar on a larger scale - and probably won't have as many babies! you'll be grand!

xx
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Hi

I cant help just wanted to wish you welcome here.. And I'm sure you'll get all the help you need here...

Can you get him to sign the dog (or the future pups anyway) over to you? So he doesnt have a claim on the puppies I mean..

Just so he dont go out at sell them to any "bad/wrong" people, or even sell them too soon?
hi... i am going to get him to dign them over to me, i want full responsibility for them so i know who they are home to ect.

hello zoundz thankyou for showing me here, its lovely
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 01:02 PM
thankyou for all the welcomes
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 01:02 PM
isn't it? i love it - everyone is wonderful - and they all do their best to help.
you should get them signed to you - for your own peace of mind - then you can rehome them responsibly. how did you rehome the rat kittens?

xx
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 01:04 PM
The Book of the Bitch basically give you all the info you would need on caring for a bitch and how to care for her before, during and after whelping

Very good book it is too. Very handy even if you have no intention of breeding from your bitch
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Hi there If I was you I would start by ordering 'The book of the bitch ' from Amazon ( £9.99) as Staffy suggested.... you should get it in a couple of days...then see what the vet says about how far along the bitch is and think about ordering a whelping box...you can get one on the net.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Hey Shibby why not introduce yourself in the 'Introductions' section
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz
isn't it? i love it - everyone is wonderful - and they all do their best to help.
you should get them signed to you - for your own peace of mind - then you can rehome them responsibly. how did you rehome the rat kittens?

xx

i kept them all. 16 of them

i am off to introduce me and my.... family
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 01:30 PM
ok... well, ummm... maybe you can keep all the pupies too!?

xx
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 01:30 PM
does her owner know what breed the father is? or if not the breed then the size of the dog?
like every 1 has said get the book of the bitch, its very handy and no 1 should have a litter with out it. its great that you are taking her to the vets, ask if they can scan her? that will give you a better idea of age (of litter) size and how many. does the owner know when she was mated? as it can be hard to tell other wise. you will need some where for her to have the pups it has to be in a quite place. you can get a whelping box off line or you could make 1 your self or you could use a very big box. you have to make sure that she can get in and out easily.
good luck
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »