Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirstymomo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
My old rescue bc Kip was just the same - not at all interested in food. The only time he really wanted to eat was as he was about to walk out the door for a walk - then he'd be willing to bolt down a bowl of anything.

So sometimes we'd feed him directly before a walk, but if we did, we'd only take him round the block and wait for his meal to go down before he got a proper walk.

I agree with the others though, if she is healthy and happy, don't let it worry you.
Thank you for your help

It's just a wee niggling feeling thats always there saying maybe there is something wrong with her, even although the vet has told me countless times that she is fine!
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Blimey, tell that to my five BCs! I've never heard of BCs being 'grazers' and know a lot of them in the agility world. Mine get fed twice a day and wolf it down, always have done, and are always ready for treats. I would definitely try restricting meal times again, for longer this time, and see what happens. It's possible that your dogs don't attach much importance to food as it's always available. Perhaps even try no food at all for a day?
My 5 aren't grazers either! Mine get fed twice a day too and it's all gone in about 2 minutes (even my 15 year old that's a bit slower now).

My Teagan was always skinny (about 15 kgs) before she was speyed at 4 years old, she's now 9 years old and weighs 16 kgs. My Skye weighs 14.8 kgs and her pup who is 8 months old weighs 11.7kgs.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2010, 08:00 AM
wish mine were grazers

But quite recently I asked our vet about Bruce, who is a very energetic 3 year old. But Skinny
The girls are porky compared to him.
He asked the behaviourist who is there because I wondered whether he was too stressed, but she thought NOT, instead she suggested adding pasta to his meals.......and its working, I can after 2 weeks see him slightly bulking
kirstymomo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Well BC being grazers is just what I have always been told and what mine are like who knows why haha!

I'm glad its not just my Skye who is a skinny minny! I tried pasta chicken and rice which you think a dog would love, she liked it for the first while but got bored quickly lol fussy madam
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2