View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 07:42 AM
I've just been told my water is going up to £50 pm!!!! I wouldn't mind if there were 8 of us living here but it's just me and my daughter!! I've had this before with our supplier. More blooming phonecalls to try and sort it out.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm not on a meter and pay £52 a month to Essex and Suffolk for a 4 bed house with the washing machine and dishwasher on almost constantly not to mention all the pots in the garden which get a good soaking every day. 3 adults in the house and lots of car washing as the OH seems a bit OCD where that's concerned and we have 4 cars between us. My son pays £60 a month metered for a two bed flat and he's out at work all day, only does washing for 1 and no dishwasher. I'll hold off on having a meter for as long as possible.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 08:42 AM
I pay about £30 pcm for ours.... happy with that. As has been said - no limit on showering, running dishwashers, power washers for car; plus I have poultry in the back garden, so fill up 6 drinkers and a duck pond every other day!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Well I have to pay twice! - to Southern Water & to South East Water!
One is for water in & one is for water out (waste)
Each is around £37 per month DD over 10 months

We are not on a water metre.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by paulandfloyd View Post
I pay £25.00 pcm to United Utilities.....seems a lot for water, they say this is normal
I pay £140 a month for 10 months of the year.

We have the most expensive in the country I think.

rune
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I think I might have misunderstood the OP because as well as paying for the water I use, I also have to pay ~£20 pcm for sewerage, which is paid to the LA together with my municipality taxes.

That amount is the same however large the house and however many people live in it.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 10:33 AM
About £22.50 a month here. They tried to change us to metered but we stood our ground Don't think it would be as economical in this house.
However, I believe you can choose to have a meter fitted for a month and if it doesn't work out cheaper you can switch back, so might be worth looking into.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I pay £19 now, it use to be £15 a month, but I let it slip too long as I kept forgetting it
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I have just had my bill today. I am on a meter and my bill is for the last 6 months £244.01
That is £109.95 for Water and £134.06 for sewerage
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2011, 11:22 AM
We moved to a house where there was already a water meter, about 18 months ago. We are currently paying £19 per month but not sure if this was because they had overcharged us previously. This includes sewerage. Looked back to a bill in 2008 and it was £48.27 per month then, admittedly a bigger house.

I only use water from the tap in the garden when the 2 water buts are empty. I also use rainwater for the dogs to drink as they seem to prefer it. I wouldn't have chosen to have a water meter but now I think it is a good thing, not just because it's cheaper, but it makes you think and you're less likely to be wasteful.

I like being environmentally friendly and we have installed a solar panel so we get the water heated for free so long as there is a bit of sun. It's got to be saving us a forune but I'm not sure how long it will take to pay for itself, but that is not the main reason for doing it.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >