View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 07:26 AM
What a vile woman, glad the lad at the end cheered you up!
Becky
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Vile woman....you probebly hit a nerve, when you said she cant contol her kids, she would`nt like that!!!

Shame you did not think to get your phone out and tak epics of her out of control

I am afraid , if i ever come across unruly kids, with my dogs, and i see them running or trying to torment then.

I will shout a them, parents or not , if they cant control them I will.......
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Its a pity there is no dangerous kids act then loonies like her could be prosacuted and us dog owners would be left in peace...
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 10:00 AM
if u come across her again, id tell her BTW i have reported u to the social services, and yes they have her down on record now. that will shake her up. but u was good if that of been me i probally would of lumped her one, (ive got a short fuse lately)
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2007, 10:00 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how so many parents allow their kids to run up to unknown dogs willy nilly. We love to go for long walks and stop for lunch at pub gardens and so on but this can often become a bit of a trial. Kids often want to see the dogs but most of them have no idea how to behave around them. They shout and scream and attempt to throw their arms around them. Once a child snuck up from behind and pulled my GSD's tail. Parents often seem to regard us as some sort of childminder while they enjoy their own lunch and look quite taken aback when we (politely) ask them to take care of their own children. I've learned to have eyes in the back of my head.
I recently heard of a GSD that had to be euthanased after a child ran over his feet on one of those micro scooter things.
He was lying down outside a cafe when it happened. Apparently he lunged at the child but didn't make contact.
However the owner felt nervous about keeping him after that- though personally I think it spoke volumes about this dogs character that he didn't actually bite.
This sounds like a rant against children, but really it's about parents. It's truly wonderful when well behaved considerate children want to say hello.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by tova View Post
This sounds like a rant against children, but really it's about parents. It's truly wonderful when well behaved considerate children want to say hello.
I agree, with the role models some kids have it's no wonder that they behave the way they do. Any parent with half a brain cell would have told those children to stop when they were trying to call Charlie over. And if they didn't listen they should have been put on a lead & removed from the situation!

What a stupid old bat you met Random . But on the up side it sounds like you really p****d her off, she'll probably be fuming about you for months!

Glad that the young lad made your day!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
so I called all 4 of the dogs to me and 'sat' them in a line and said, hmmmmmmm can you do that with you kids? :smt043
but he really made my day this lad! Sat there soothing Maddy while she was barking with nerves, I couldn't believe my eyes! Wonderful.
That really made me smile Kel, and I'm glad you had the benefit of a young lad who understands dogs, that's so gratifying as you say and hopefully erased the memory of that stupid women.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Good on ya Kel for sticking up for yourself. Stupid cow How nice to meet that lad though Frankly there are far too many out of control kids around this week in particular!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 02:36 PM
im glad you had a happy ending and posed in the pics!
shame she couldnt do that with her kids and line them all up in a row!!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2007, 03:01 PM
What an idiot she sounds like (polite version of the word I would rather use!) I really don't understand people these days, they infuriate me!!!

I'm glad you posed in the last picture, and I am so glad that the nice young lad come over to you afterwards, that would have cheered me up no end too!!!

Keep smiling, your dogs all sound wonderfully well behaved and you're obviously doing a good job!!!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >