Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Thanks guys,

I know everyone has to wait for their perfect person...I guess it's just that I wouldn't choose to go out with me - so why would anyone else!

I'm sure you're right though - I'm just having one of those days
I wouldn't want to live with me either, but somebody does!!! I hope you don't have to wait too long to find your soulmate Lottie, there's someone out there who is.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 12:05 AM
There's someone for everyone Lottie, it's just a case of waiting.

Your soulmate will see beyond the physical things and see you for the lovely person that you are. If he doesn't, then he's not worth a jot.

As our ovely Carole always said to me, 'what's for you, won't go past you' You have to believe that.

I didn't meet my soulmate until I was 39. There's plenty of time for you yet
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I know everyone has to wait for their perfect person...I guess it's just that I wouldn't choose to go out with me - so why would anyone else!
I wouldn't go out with me either! And I've been married for 5 years! I think I'm a total self-absorbed b!tch most of the time, with a lot of issues about my body and self-esteem, but my OH loves me and sees past those issues that get me down.

Chin Up!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 09:10 AM
big hugs Lottie.
As everyone else has said, you will find someone and they won't care about the physical things one jot.Love creeps up on us at the most unexpected moments.
In your lonely moments now come on here and get your cyber hugs, we have plenty to give and believe us all when we tell you that you ARE lovely and you deserve someone special. It sounds like you are having a really down day, write down a list of all your good points, you have a lot of them you know.
Big hugs.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Aw Lottie, please don't be so down on yourself. It is really hard to meet someone special these days and like others have said, if they're worth it they see more than just the physical aspects anyway.

Even being beautiful, rich and fabulous doesn't guarantee true love - look at some of the celebs and their turbulent love-lives. Mind you, I suspect many of them aren't very nice people whereas you are!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Lottioe, we always see the worst in ourselves when we get days like this, look at yourself in a different way, you have so much to give and that what othere love about you so stay here and be here for us we need folk like you, we all have birthmarks etc of sorts so you are no different, mind you sometimes our cuddles only come from our pets esp canine ones, my poor sister has a hubby who never gives her love and comfort, he does love her in his own way but she is crying out for cuddles and hugs and occasionally flowers! so keep your chin up xxx
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Lottie,
sorry to hear that you've been feeling soo down recently .
I have to say I wouldn't want to live with me but I've obviously my man has a sadistic streak. I can be a total nightmare at times plus I am certainly nobodies idea of gorgeousness (especially if you catch me 1st thing!!!)
Seriously though I spent a lot of years beating myself up for not being with somebody (I was single from the age of 16 through til I met the OH at 23). I also did some pretty daft things to make myself more attractive to other people.
However it was only when I became comfortable with myself & accepted me for all my flaws that I found somebody to love me (and it was at a time when I wasn't even looking )

chin up sweetie, as so many wise dogsey peeps have said before me the tight person is out there & you will be together when the timing is right - so please don't go beating yourself up or putting yourself down
xxxx
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Hey Lottie, I'm sorry that you're feeling so down. I can totally understand how you feel. Due to surgery and abuse when I was younger I have alot of scaring, mental problems and other "issues", quite often I can't stand myself. It's weird when someone tells you they love you and you cant see why, but believe me you will come through this. You have a great sense of humour, you always manage to cheer me up when i'm in the dumps and you are pretty, intelligent and a dog lover - whats not to love!!! Chin up chick, pm me if you want to chat, i'm quite happy to give you my phone number. If you keep going like this i'll be dragging you to the next tournament in Sheffield!!!

Hazel xxx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys

You're so great - what would I do without you??

Hazel, I want to go to the next tournament in Sheffield with you anyway - don't you go coming over here and not telling me again.

Thanks all for your support, it is appreciated. I know I'm being silly but, you know...
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 01:37 PM
You've got alot of 'your special person will come along soon' replies...and the first thing is - It's true! *small yay!* but I do know that when someone is waiting for that someone of the opposite sex to come along and be 'the one' it can be bad enough but when your waiting for someone of the same sex now that can be hard. These people hide and don't want to be found anywhere don't you know lol...It cracks me up everytime when someone says a girl is only with other girls because a man doesn't want her - if these people only knew how untrue that was - you've got better luck sometimes finding gold that just happens to fall at your feet than another woman who knows what she wants AND is the right one for you - if you don't go to specific bars etc and some people just don't only want to find someone at a bar it can be hella hard.

So first of all you have a bigger challenge right there and that in it's self most likely will frustrate the hell out of you.

The one thing you can't have any change over are the physical things that are bothering you. I'm not going to be patronising and act like they wouldn't bother me too because they would - most people can't hang if they are having a bad hair day much less anything else - One thing to remember is people mostly feel bad about these things because of what other people think and people everywhere worry about that no matter what it's about because other can be assh*les and make you feel bad the whole time they are worrying about their own image - it's a crazy world we live in and people are dumb - always keep that in perspective.

I don't believe you don't have good qualities even if you say you don't. Are you telling me that your the most rubbish person on here and obviously more rubbish than anyone else out there who is in a relationship - no I don't think so. I have met some rubbish people in my time who have got a other half - trust me these people were really rubbish - well they obviously found someone who wanted to be with them, so what are you saying? LOL

You WILL find someone or they will find you, what are you, like 19 or something? Plenty of time for a start! It may be hard and seem sometimes impossible because it's no lie that straight people have it way easier in finding someone but you will get there in the end - Don't give up on it and don't ever give up on yourself. Ok.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >