View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear your news Lynn. You seem to be doing everything right by looking after yourself.

You need to take things easy. I know they say regular exercise, but that means gentle exercise.

Sending big hugs your way x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I hope you are feeling a little better now. It must have been a shock. It sounds like you are getting the right help and doing all you can so best wishes for the future. X
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Sending hugs to you,

I haven't any experience so can't comment, all you can do is to keep looking after yourself.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear you're having these problems Lynn. It doesn't seem fair
Someone I know had a heart attack recently. He's very fit, goes to the gym, walks to work every day. He's never smoked and never drinks! He's had 3 stents put in his ticker. Just bizzare! I know we can all minimize the risk of cardiac problems but sometimes this just isn't enough. I'm guessing that your problem was unresolved from before and has only now come to light.
You've done all the right things Lynn, it's just unlucky for you. Just keep doing what you're doing...gentle exercise, eating healthily etc. xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Genetic problems are horrible because you have no say in the matter, do you.

Gentle hugs xx
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Seconding everything that has been said. Hug your dogs and try not to worry. You are minimising the risks as much as you can.

rune
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-02-2012, 03:34 PM
I am sorry you are having to go through this.

Sending (((hugs))). X
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 11:29 PM
angina patient here as well. 6 years now since i was stented. still have a *bit of a turn* but normally when ive been stressed out. i listen to my body now. if i dont feel like doing nothing i dont do it.
just slow down the pace of life, and literay live each day as it happens. relax, enjoy life. my mum had angina, so yes i do think its genetic. like my husband and his brain hemorgge,(sp?) his mum had 1 his sister has probs. so all these conditions carry on. hope u feel better, see if u can have cardiac rehab they are great, 1 guy who was in my class had 8 stents fitted!!! im sure he chinked. can i ask u something??? when i first had my stents fitted,i was sure i could feel them?? did u have the same feeling??
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the hugs and best wishes guys, i sure need them.
bens mum, i know what you mean. After my first one i was certain i could feel it. but not this time.
I have to say apart from the fact i have had a heart attack i do feel ok. Its just the shock of it all really that makes be feel down and teary. No-one has contacted me today but i have made an appointment with my GP.
WOw with that many stents in i bet he sets metal detectors off.
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Hope you are feeling better now. Must be scary for you but you have done well with the stopping smoking and reducing your cholesterol levels. Hugs to you
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2