View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Lynn when Joel comes get him to put some decorations up. He will love doing it and whatever he does will look good.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Fingers cross for Deans Griff. Hope this time the drips does its business and she is well on the road to recovery.

Hugs Lynn it seems your world is not destined to be smooth running for the rest of this year. Do hope next year sees the back of your troubles with the house. Good idea, book somewhere nice just for you and Gordon and of course Dillon for next Christmas, dinner out and no running around getting everything ready.

Pleased all walks went well June.

I too have cooked every Christmas meal since we have been married. This year there will be five for Christmas Day. Shopping went well although there were a few idiots around one in particular had parked his 4 x 4 right on a pedestrian slope so no idea how a disabled person would cope it was bad enough getting the trolley past. Meat pies made for lunch on Saturday when SIL will be here and a few mince pies also done. I will be cooking the gammon joint tomorrow. Tomorrow I think I will again be in headless chicken mode to get everything done ready for the weekend.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Decorations are up brenda. He can peel veg instead for christmas dinner.

Glad shopping wasn't to bad Sue.
We have grabbed showers and are popping over to drop a card and some chocolates into Austen and his son the people of my peugeot fame.
Then we are having a coffee and finding some easy meals for the next couple of days.
Gorden and I did the downstairs housework together he is very handy with a hoover.

I think if this year had been better than the last 5 or 6 I might feel differently but as it hasn't been it all gets on top of me a bit. Heres hoping next year is better and I feel in a more festive mood. Bet I will be here still. Moaning to that extreme is my release valve.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Lynn...big hugs to you, i hate christmas now and this year is worse than ever, i don't have half the problems you have had so can't imagine how you carry on...maybe a christmas away would do you the world of good
TW,pleased a nice walk was had by all
Brenda, they have done a couple of blood tests which show raised lipase (is that the right thing...if not i am sure you know what i mean) she started tablets for it yesterday and the special id food and is having fluid treatment also...i hope it is pancreatitis and nothing else
Sue...you have been a very very busy lady again
i have been and had my eyebrows done, i am that tired that i just keep wanting to bloody cry, stupid c*w i am
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 04:13 PM
Perfectly normal for you to feel like that, its a bad day for you and you must be shattered and on top of that all the worry with Deags in the vets. Lots of hugs.If they've got her on the right stuff early on then I'm sure she'll pull through. Whats the special food she's on, pancreatitis means no fatty food, I think, but not sure on that one
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 04:24 PM
yes TW, no fatty food, she is on hills ID at the moment but he doesn't think her dog food is the cause...i have given him the label off the bag, a can of sardines and packet mash and the fish skins she has and that's it...i don't give them a lot of treats or feed them junk so he says she should be fine going back on her usual food.
It is tomorrow that is diesels anniversary which is why i don't want her to have to have a drip tomorrow...also i am worrying as it is christmas and my vets will shut until wednesday
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No luck with my lights and I'm too embarrassed to go back again, because the problem is likely to be my end
June, I think you have every right to go back and say "Just plug them in here, in the shop, if they work fine I'll take them back home, if they don't then give me a set that does work

There once was a time when electrical shops would demonstrate products, I seem to recall that the assistant would plug light bulbs into a socket on the counter just to check they were working

But now in 2017 it's all down to the customer, he has to lug them home, work out from the Chinese English instructions how the product works, lug it back to the shop if it doesn't work, argue with the shop staff, take a replacement back home, and so it goes on.

It's hardly surprising people like me enjoy NOT spending money, 'cos we just get taken for mugs when we do
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Right all.

Afternoon all; Been to the farm shop picked up some nice farm cured steaky bacon for me I love it. And a tray of eggs for my sister. Popped out and got the last of Moms presents two pairs of trousers and a nice cardigan. So thats me done now. Also popped to sainsburys picked up yogurts and potatoes (just in case) its my dread of not havig roast and mash for christmas day I did it once when in the flat new years day everyone coming and I thought "Ahhhh potatoes" and has to rush round to my friends and get some from her.........so been my dread every since.

Not out again till Saturday morning when I finish work at 6am to get the fresh sprouts and bread and milk at work again Monday Boxing day night.
And on call for work as well. As lots of people have small children and its not fair.

Sorry Deags is poorly again, if I were you I would sit down and cry.......sometimes better out than in. And You saying about eyebrows meant to get mine done and forgot. Ahh

Lynn find a home sell and move you appear to really dislike that house. Which cannot do your health and temper any good. And inviteyourself to someone elses home next year or agree to have Christmas dinner out everyone then has time to save and pay for their own, or make their own arrangements, their call. But sounds like you will enjoy the christmas and you have your grandson.

If I had my choice I would have christmas with the family then go away and stay away for new year preferably a cruise in the Carribean....LOL
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2016, 05:01 PM
i agree with Harvey, i would go to home bargains with my batteries and a new pack and say to them "look...what am i doing wrong" let them have a go and then get them to get another box and try and if those don't work then they should be taking the stock off the shelf!
Kazz, i am sure you won't forget anything for christmas dinner, i am like you, when i was working i used to give up any holiday i had booked to those with children if they wanted the same date...me, well i was going to sit in a pub all day Lol...could do that at anytime.
will be heading to the vet in an hour...i am hoping for good news...i deserve good news
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2016, 05:34 PM
I just can't do it, the place is heaving, queues are massive and although everyone was very nice last time (I had thrown the receipt away ages ago) and changed them, I can't see it being the lights wrong again. Just have to do without thats all, but I really did want to put them up because, yet again I have no tree up because of the bluddy roll of flooring lying there for the 2nd year. Ah well, Lynn's got a right to feel depressed, its only a set of lights and there's worse things happening in the world
Griff, hoping Deags is OK, when does your vets close for Christmas.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >