View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Mine are shut in the kitchen at night and are certainly not allowed to roam around. I couldn't imagine anything more annoying than my dogs pestering me when I am trying to sleep, so they don't get that option.

My two larger dogs are not allowed upstairs. However, I can make an exception for Tilly because she is tiny and doesn't shed. She will sleep on my bed during the day sometimes but never at night.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Hocus in the kitchen and Teg in the dining room. Want them to be used to sleeping apart as well as being together.
No dogs upstairs here, no choice except to if they want to sleep on their bed or not.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Interestingly, despite that fact that Cain follows me EVERYWHERE during his waking hours, he doesn't choose to sleep with me.

When he was younger, he was put to bed in an open crate in the kitchen. This lasted for about a year. Then we started to leave the door open so he could choose where he sleeps.

He never sleeps in his crate during the day. He never sleeps on his bed in the living room at night once there are no people in there.

Most nights he follows me up to bed and lies on my floor until I'm asleep. He then relocates to the top of the stairs until my mum comes to bed. Once he is satisfied that everyone is settled down for the night, he creeps downstairs and puts himself in his crate
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Interestingly, despite that fact that Cain follows me EVERYWHERE during his waking hours, he doesn't choose to sleep with me.

When he was younger, he was put to bed in an open crate in the kitchen. This lasted for about a year. Then we started to leave the door open so he could choose where he sleeps.

He never sleeps in his crate during the day. He never sleeps on his bed in the living room at night once there are no people in there.

Most nights he follows me up to bed and lies on my floor until I'm asleep. He then relocates to the top of the stairs until my mum comes to bed. Once he is satisfied that everyone is settled down for the night, he creeps downstairs and puts himself in his crate
awww thats so cute
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post

That's very sweet. Well done, Cain!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Stone sleeps on his bed downstairs during the day and on his bed next to my bed at night. I don't hear a peep from him unless he needs a wee - that is when I get a wet nose stuffed in my face at some ridiculous hour!!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Both my dogs and my cat sleep on the bed with me and have done since they were babies. They all have their own place ... my Pei parks herself at at the bottom of the bed .... always on the right hand side. My Tibbie sleeps next to me on the right hand side and Sashicat on my left hand side.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Jake and Ailsa sleep on top of the bed with me when Hubby is away and when he is here they sleep either side of the bed on the rug. I could shut them in the sitting room and they sleep on the sofa quite happily but given the choice they are with me wherever I am.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Mine both sleep on my bed with a blanket over them they are big but i wouldn't have it any other way.
When i housesit for clients Madison comes with me and sleeps on the bed with the owners permission of course (they all love Mads)
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 07:24 PM
My two are crated in separate crates next to each other, we did about four months ago take the crates away and let them choose anywhere downstairs that they wanted to sleep, dog cushions, sofas floor, conservatory etc, but Ruby especially was very nomadic and even after a month not really settled and it was waking me up.

Then the christmas tree made things worse so we went back to the crates and both dogs seem much happier having them, Rolo seems more settled also now that ruby is , and they both happily go into their own crates when the shutting up the house for the night routine is happening.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >