Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Hope the car doesn't take to long June.
Why do people need so many lights on and all night ?
Hope Brians scan goes well Nippy Jen and the drive home isn't to bad.

Mark has work Friday also. He was asked yesterday to re-send his cv to the agency as they want to make him a sort of supervisor up till Christmas i'm really hoping this gets passed onto Amazon and they offer him full time permanent work and re-locate him to Hemel Hempstead and he can start making a move back to Harlow.
His productivity level is 124% and he goes around helping out on stations that are lagging behind when he is finished seems they have noticed it.
He will also get 50p an hour pay rise.

Dillons foot/paw still stiff he has had a whole previcox today and he so wanted to go for a walk so we went a little way down the riverside took us ages but he needed to catch up on wee mails.
He did seem a little easier by the time we got back so fingers crossed the inflammation starts to subside and he gets back as near to normal as he can with the problem.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Nippy do let us know if it is a boy or girl or maybe twin/ges. Sorry couldn't resist. Hope all is well though.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Yes Jenny, hope all goes well for Brian.

Lynn, hope Dillons paw will be ok.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Dillon seems a little less stiff thank you everyone.

Now for a rant. Electrician just rang did Gorden do this that and the other that I suggested yes but we are not sure if it is actually linked to the boiler socket. There is this wire that wire in the end I said look I have no idea what's what except that I have no boiler again or hot water and this has been going on off since October.
I didn't want to have to come out and charge you if it isn't the electrics. how I kept my cool I'm not sure I said look we will have to pay an electrician to check the wiring because the boiler engineer isn't convinced it is the boiler now neither of us are boiler engineers or electricians. So until we can rule out the wiring and that is cleared the boiler engineer won't return.
If we don't pay you we will have to pay someone else. He is convinced it is the boiler possibly the pcb board which he may well be right about but we need him in to test the electrical side of things.
The boiler engineer if it isn't will then have to come back to check the board and that will probably take another 6 days then the board will have to be ordered then fitted so we are again possibly looking at another 2-3 weeks like this.
Really hoping Gorden can be here Friday because I am at the end of my tether and will probably burst into floods of tears if asked questions I know nothing about.
I am seriously considering seeing if I can get an emergency electrician out before Friday.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Hey Lynn do you have an emergency cover on your insurance that may just be worth doing. You're Home Alone, boiler packed up, no heating or hot water. Are all the electrics going when the boiler goes into sulk mode.
Car is done, not as much as I feared, he's done an excellent job on it, found some paint that more or less matches and sprayed that on the weld. Feel a bit happier now. Did ask him if it was worth my trying to get two wings for it, and he said no because got a lot of corrosion now. Not news I wanted to hear, but not surprised. Will just have to keep trundling round in it.
Nippy I bet you are stuck in traffic now, hope there is something good on the radio to keep you occupied and that Brian is OK
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am seriously considering seeing if I can get an emergency electrician out before Friday.
Oh Lynn I do so sympathise, TBH I also feel some trades people are deliberately evasive because they have too much easy (i.e. non thinking) work and don't want to be bothered with jobs that may require a bit of brain power.

I probably shouldn't suggest this on a public board but have thought about fitting a larger capacity fuse, what is the rating of the one in there at the moment It could be the former owners fitted a fuse which is just too low a rating, I'll have a look at my Worcester Bosch handbook and come back latter tonight to tell you what they recommend.

Just a thought, might be helpful, or might not be, just running ideas out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Will have to ask Gorden about the insurance June he deals with that.
It is a 5amp fuse Harvey recommended by electrician and Grants if anything else and the boiler is damaged for any reason they will waive all responsibility.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Will just have to keep trundling round in it.
Yes, so long as they are small(ish) jobs and not safety related then just keep patching, you could get another ten years out of it, well five maybe
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2016, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It is a 5amp fuse Harvey recommended by electrician and Grants if anything else and the boiler is damaged for any reason they will waive all responsibility.
Yes I do understand. Just had alook at my manual and the fuse is shown as 'external' and not Worcester Bosch responsibility so no value is shown.

BUT ours is fed by one of those auto cut out thingeys and it is rated at 13 amps.

In my opinion (generally not worth anything) 5 amp is quite low, I would have said 10 or 13, but like I say don't go on what I say

ETA:-
Must go now as Casey wants his dinner (Hungry git )
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2016, 11:34 PM
Evening All,
Hope Brian's scan went OK Nippy and that the journey wasn't too torturous.
June - long may your vehicle keep chugging along (with minimal welding) and bills as small as possible. At least you're still mobile.
Lynn - there has got to be some conspiracy theory as regards that blerdy boiler. I've seldom come across a tale of such misery. I know it's not like the roof blowing off but you'd think the damn thing would behave long enough to give you a break at least! Hope you get it sorted soon and enjoy a little peace of mind.
Been busy here - got things wrapped up by mid afternoon, by which time dogs were very ready for their gallop, managed to get them out for an hour or so between the spells of rain.
I seldom get really annoyed with things nowadays, but when I locked up my pigeon lofts yesterday one of my girls was dead on the floor, on inspection there was a .22 air rifle pellet hole right through her breast. Poor lass had managed to make it home and then died. On inspecting them all this afternoon two more are wounded - presumably by the same sort of weapon, one will make it the other is fifty/fifty. If I can actually find out who is doing this I'll wring their blerdy neck. My birds are as tame as can be and have never been subjected to stress or unkindness by humans and consequently are very trusting. So it's hardly a challenge to shoot them, they would just sit there and watch a stranger come up to them.
I will extract as terrible revenge as possible on the perpetrator and risk the legal consequences, I know it is not a wise thing to say this on a public site but I am absolutely fuming.
They may be only pigeons but I am intensely fond of them and that apart they are the result of years of carefull breeding and to give you an idea of their worth, my young birds (8 weeks) sell for £400 upwards per pair. Although the financial consideration is just a minor detail when compared to my fondness for them.
I'll wish you all a very good night now - I'm a bit tired and think that the bed will do me good tonight.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >