View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I really hope it all works out for you!!! Glad you are feeling less pressured now!!
My ex was like this and it was a refreshing change at first but after awhile it drove me mad, its nice to be told how special you are occassional but all day every day feels abit fake! I thought it would calm down after we'd been together for awhile but it got worse and I knew long term it wasnt what I wanted, but thats just me!
Take it at the pace you want and tell him if its all getting too much, honesty is the best policy!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2006, 01:10 PM
i agree with everyone else, perhaps after Christmas have an honest and open chat about taking things slowly and being fearful etc. Also say you are not too keen on being told you are great all the time...less is more etc!!!! He sounds great. Take each day as it comes and enjoy it!!!! How wonderful to be admired and adored!!!! have a brilliant Christmas.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-12-2006, 01:25 PM
I had all this with someone a good few years back and I fell for it all, and got really involved. Then just as fast as he dragged me into his net, he got fed up of me and started backing off. I couldn't understand what I had done wrong, and it took ages for the penny to drop, it wasn't me it was him. Finally he arrived down on Valentines Day with the cheapest box of Cadbury's Roses there was, with a card, and told me he felt he needed to move on because he had decided he wanted children and I had been sterilised!!!! So take it slowly and easily at your own pace and don't be rushed, if he has true feelings for you they will still be there in 6 months.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Just try to relax and enjoy the festive season - and the compliments. He may be a bit nervous too. In the New Year, if you still have misgivings about the way he behaves, step back a bit from the situation and it may then become clear what you really want. If that does not include him, then get rid. If he is what you want - enjoy!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2