View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2011, 11:22 AM
lola drools when shes having an episode its a sign usually she will then go down
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Casper drools in the car as a precursor to car sickness - he's been OK for a while but the change in car seems to have caused a step or two backwards with it and we had lots of drooling on the last two short trips out in it.
I wouldn't be too concerned if it's easing off now, could have been a bug she picked up, especially eating grass from areas other dogs have been it, just keep an eye on her and a precautionary vet trip if she doesn't seem to be improving
Ali_and_Poppy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi all, thanks for your replies. We have recently got back from the vets...the vet said she cant be 100% sure she hasnt swallowed a foreign object but coudnt feel anything in her tummy and her temperature was normal.

She gave her 3 injections, one antibiotic, one to help her go to the toilet and one to ease any gas which she may have in her tummyincase she has picked up something she shouldnt.

Im really pleased she has just wolfed down some boiled chicken and rice so thats always a good sign when she is eating.

The vet told me to monitor her over the next 24 hours and see how she goes but she didnt seem to worried.

She is quite sleepy (we both are!) but i think this will be due to disturbed sleep and having the injections.

Thanks again,will keep you updated
Anjulian
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Good to know she is eating, as this rules out some more serious problems. Lets hope she is on the road to getting better.They worry us so much because they can not tell us what the prob is.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 05:01 PM
So pleased to hear she's been seen by the vet and the most important thing is, she's now eaten and it's staying down, which kind of rules out the blockage I was on about in the esopheogus(sp?).

Let's hope it's just some kind of bug or other and the ab's will keep her right now. All the best with her, I hope you've seen the last of that drooling and sickness, I've seen it far too often myself here!
Ali_and_Poppy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2011, 08:21 AM
woke up this morning at around 6 to really loud, rumbling, gurgling sounds from poppys tummy..which is still continuing as I type. Im not sure why this has happened as one of the injections the vet gave her was to stop any gas in her tummy. Im not sure if its possible due to hunger as she was only two small meals of rice and chicken yesterday?

My main concern is that she only had a couple of gulps of water yesterday despite encouragement and she usually drinks several times throughout the day...also she has been licking her lips a lot..

She slept in alot longer than usual this morning and has been quiter in some ways..but then she is still barking at the birds as they fly past the window

Ive letting her chicken and rice cool at the moment, so im hoping she will eat this and keep it down...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 02:00 PM
I've had the very same thing when my dog had picked up sickness bugs, the noise was quite horrendous but the vet just seemed to take that as the normal part of the bug she had and called it something, but I've forgotten what it was now!

I think you're going to have a couple of days of this, so make sure she drinks if you can, keep offering her fresh, clean water, put some on her lips as you place it under her and she'll be more tempted. Don't pressurise her to eat, because they always know best, and I don't think it will be long before she's pestering you for some food!

If you're worried and you feel she's getting worse, the vet is only at the end of the phone and he'll soon advise you whether he needs to see her again or not, but I'm guessing it's got to take its course. Hopefully, you won't see much fallout at the other end, but when mine have had something like this, it usually turns a bit yellow tinged which is bad bacteria passing through.

All the best, I hope she's still quite bouncy even if she doesn't want to eat yet.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh poor Poppy Did she eat her chicken and rice?
Is she still bright in herself?
What a worry it is when you don't know what is going on.
Ali_and_Poppy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks Helena thats put mymind at rest a little. The noises seem to stop after i gave her a meal this morning, but i was shocked at how loud it was.

She is eating as normal and ive even caught her sat waiting at the treat drawer! Although she ate all her chicken and left most of the rice this morning, but i think she was just being fussy!

Hi Nippy, she is bouncy when people have come to visit and tried to play with a couple of dogs when she was out on a walk, but she seems to tire quite quickly ans is sleeping a lot throughout the day.

Im struggling with the water, ive tried to tempt her and have been changing the water regularly. I was considering letting her lick an ice cube, but not sure if this coud be too cold for a sensitive tummy?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I think I would get her checked by the vet again tomorrow if she is no different.

I worry about licking ice cubes in case they swallow them
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >