View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2008, 07:46 PM
It's funny but I don't remember the teenage years with Ben (selective memory on my part!) so I guess i'll just have to wait for it to pass.
I was doing some training in the park with him tonight, off lead and everything was going well until another dog suddenly appeared, it was a really friendly labrador so the owner and I let them play for a while but when she tried to move off Charlie decided he wasn't finished playing and tried to follow her half way down the park
I shouted him back, nothing, shouted again and on a third time I about turned and walked away calling him, eventually he came back, I'm obviously boring compared to a Lab!!
He is fine at home, obeys all his commands and is not pushing his luck, it just seems to be on meeting other dogs, he gets so excited and could play for hours.
I'm off to the pet shop tomorrow for a long line and another Kong Wubba as he loves them.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
It's funny but I don't remember the teenage years with Ben (selective memory on my part!) so I guess i'll just have to wait for it to pass.
I was doing some training in the park with him tonight, off lead and everything was going well until another dog suddenly appeared, it was a really friendly labrador so the owner and I let them play for a while but when she tried to move off Charlie decided he wasn't finished playing and tried to follow her half way down the park
I shouted him back, nothing, shouted again and on a third time I about turned and walked away calling him, eventually he came back, I'm obviously boring compared to a Lab!!
He is fine at home, obeys all his commands and is not pushing his luck, it just seems to be on meeting other dogs, he gets so excited and could play for hours.
I'm off to the pet shop tomorrow for a long line and another Kong Wubba as he loves them.
I know what you mean about selective memory, I forgot what my last dog, Star was like. She was horrendous now I think about it but until Dingo came along I had forgotten everything. Shame on me. LOL

Heidi
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2