Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Number 4 is safe - has a place in rescue
Nade
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Taht is great about number 4. i would have loved to have had him but I am not a rescue place. Please would it be possible to PM me as to where he has gone as I might be interested depending on his assessments obviously!

I keep thinking about hte others. I have everything crossed for them!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 03:30 PM
God this makes me want to cry, or be sick, perhaps both.

Like H said this is just 1 pound out of the whole country, imagine how many must be PTS every day.

Let this thread be a thought for all those out there that think it would be "nice" for their bitch to have a litter before spaying or "good" for the children.

Fingers crossed for all of them, just wish I was in a position to help.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 07:58 PM
I have just been speaking to the rescue which gets these dogs out of the pound and she has said that a lot of the rescue's are getting full to the brim and are not able to help, so please if you think you are able to foster for a rescue organisation, please get in touch and maybe you could help to save one of these dogs lives.....
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 10:14 PM
oh this is so sad those poor dogs.. probably terrified and dont know what fate is to meet them soon how awful for these poor dogs

i dont understand why the 10 week old pup would need much assessing.. at that age surely there wouldnt be many probs
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

29-11-2005, 10:30 PM

I am crying thinking about these dogs and the many others that I will never see a photo of - I so wish I could foster - maybe in the future when my own dogs are older.

Its a sick sick sad world - just think of all those who are planning to get a dog for a Christmas pressie as well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 10:32 PM
I have no idea why I read this section it upsets me beyond words. But as H has said what can you do it is one amongst many rescues doing the same thing.
You do what you can when you can. You can't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Karen
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2005, 10:32 PM
*runs in*

*steals the collie*

*runs out*

I can't take this it's heartbreaking
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by Jenny
i dont understand why the 10 week old pup would need much assessing.. at that age surely there wouldnt be many probs
It's not just tempremant assessing - it's health assessing.
It's not worth rehoming a dog straight from the pound, to someone else with dogs, when the poundie may have diseases/untreated medical conditions.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Well said Kazz, we all do what we can. I just think so many of us wish we could do more I can't stand seeing that poor frightened collie, it's breaking my heart.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >