Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
What do you mean Bella tends to jump up on the settee ..... she never left it I think Bella was probably trying to steal that bow on Mara's head

When my two play its always a race as to who can get the upper hand by being on the settee and they will then protect the settee from letting the other one up.

Mara and Bella clearly had a great game Two gorgeous dogs

Bella ALWAYS gets the sofa first (whether in mine or theirs) and yes I said to Lucia - Bella's saying 'take that pincy poncy bow out of yer head and flight properly!'

This is the dog she does the 100mph races round the carpark with too. I do love watching them bundle and chase. She isn't so 'other dogs orientated' since growing up but still loves Mara. It was a shame that Orestes (her first love and a bloke) left the island. They were the same and all fights took place on sofas!

What is it with dogs and sofas?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

19-12-2013, 03:42 PM
That's a brilliant clip, thoroughy enjoyed it. Both dogs look happy playing there!

Thanks for sharing
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 03:49 PM
LOL! I keep my speakers off most of the time as I hate all the email notification pings and all that. Well I've just realised you got treated to the SOUNDTRACK on that vid!

Mara's mum, Lucia, going on and on and on about how the guys upstairs move their furniture about all the time, every day, every day lol! And just a one liner from me ....

'I don't hear it'

(Well I would say that wouldn't I! I don't get involved in neighbour problems. Anyway can't hear anything above the noise of my telly!)

And the dogs don't make a single sound!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 03:53 PM
And two years ago (almost to the day) here she was 'fighting' Arestes who went back to Greece! On HIS sofa, in HIS house!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC87dzitJyM
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2013, 03:59 PM
At first I thought the soundtrack was meant to be the dogs talking, but was a bit puzzled as it didn't seem relevant!

Poor Bella, having her boyfriend move away - he is a lovely looking dog too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
At first I thought the soundtrack was meant to be the dogs talking, but was a bit puzzled as it didn't seem relevant!

Poor Bella, having her boyfriend move away - he is a lovely looking dog too.
Oh Orestes was gorgeous with his beard and the same age as Bella too (both 18 months old in that vid).
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Brilliant. Well done Bella.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:29 PM
That is so sweet -so much body language going on. Bella was determined that the couch should remain HERS forever! What a sweet little white dog, is she Maltese terrier?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
That is so sweet -so much body language going on. Bella was determined that the couch should remain HERS forever! What a sweet little white dog, is she Maltese terrier?
Cyprus Poodle. I've been to Malta and to be honest they look the same as all the little white dogs there do.

Thing that amazes me about the dogs when they 'fight' like this is there's no growling, no barking (and Bella loves to bark) they do it all silently! And their tails (long and short) are wagging all the time. And they always do this 'nipping all round one another's mouths'.

I'm always glad I've got a dog that likes and gets on with other dogs - they have such a lot of fun. And see every new dog as a 'potential doggy friend' even if it doesn't always turn out that way.

Strange thing happened yesterday. Someone with a shar pei was approaching towards us. Her dog looked relaxed and Bella was too and wagging her tail expectantly. But when we got close enough for Bella to see it properly she went nuts! She acted really upset and rearing up and barking all agitated and the only thing I could think of was that you couldn't see this dog's EYES at all. It was so wrinkly you just couldn't see them. Didn't look very old either.

I wondered if that phased Bella out a bit?

I mean there are two other bigger shar peis that are walked round here and one is very unfriendly and EVERYONE avoids them (well in fact their owner now does an about turn quickly if he sees any other dogs anywhere at all so obviously knows one of his dogs is the problem). But she obviously didn't think it was those - she knows who they are - same as she knows which GSD she doesn't like. She is perfectly OK with all other GSDs.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Lovely video she looks so happy and healthy, fantastic talking ears too
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >