Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 10:55 AM
im so sorry your time with him is coming to an end,
given how ill he is, I think your doing the kindest thing for him, have a fab day with him, I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 10:55 AM
I know your all right I just love him so much and I would give the world to see him running around doing agility like he used to again. He is only 4yrs old, and such a gentle boy who loves everyone and everything, why is life so bloody unfair.
So do you think I should take him to the emergency vet this afternoon and would he do it? Or should we hang on in there till tomorrow.?
Sorry I can't see the screen for tears now.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Just to add that with Roxy it got to the stage that I couldn't bear to watch her suffer any longer, and it had only been three weeks. Totally selfish of me to let her wait that long....... but, like you, I was ever hopeful of a turnaround.

The time comes when we know, deep in our hearts, that there is no hope for further improvement.......

x0x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 10:57 AM
I would wait until tomorrow to see your own vet, Bev.

He knows Milo best (and you) and it will be better for Milo (IMO) to see the one he knows.

Treasure the time you have left with your precious lad.....

xxx
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 10:59 AM
hugs Bev, the poor lad has been through a lot and if the decsion has been made this is what i would do....................

i would spend today giving him all his favourite treats and cuddling him while saying my goodbyes, and then tomorrow take him to his regular vet who has fought as hard for him as you have for him, at least then it will be a familiar face that eases his pain.

will be thinking about you

Liz
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I would wait untill tomorrow, you and milo will be better seeing your own vet,

huge hugs.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Wait for tomoorow, Have lovely day today, take him out somewhere nice just the two of you, potter around & watch the world go by, let him have all his favorite foods & have a good day to remeber.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi Bev,

Sorry that I've not been around much lately, but I do know the problems that poor Milo has suffered and I have to say I think you are doing the right thing, and that's just my opinion as at the end of the day YOU as his carer must take that decision. I it's never an easy one to make but at the end of the day when there is nothing more that you can do for him and his quality of life is not good enough then it's the last act of kindness that you can do for him as a responsible owner. Please take some comfort in knowing that.

Much love XX
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 11:06 AM
I think you know in your heart what you need to do. It is the hardest and most merciful decision and nothing can make it easy.
Provided the dog isn`t actually in pain when he`s resting, I wouldn`t, personally do anything in haste. His passing won`t be calm if you`re not able to support him - he`ll get distressed and you don`t want that. Do you have someone who can support you in this?
Accept the inevitability, if that`s what it is, and be brave for him. It may well be today, but you need to know that you are doing the best you can for him. We`re all with you
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Aw Bev, I dont really know what to say tbh, but as Milo's mum you know him best and if his quality of life is no longer there then the kindest thing is to let him go in peace.

Just want to offer you a huge hug, you have done as much as you can and Milo will go to sleep looking at you with love.

Dani
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »