View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Oh that's a shame. I agree about the privacy issue some of the houses we have not liked fortunately have had low fencing. Now I'm not unsociable by any means but if in the garden whether on my own with Gorden or the family I don't particularly want to be out there enjoying myself and seeing the neighbours pottering about.
I like my 6 foot fencing down the back garden or a good solid green hedge.
I hope your objection helps.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2013, 07:15 AM
'morning Lynn and everyone
Bit gloomy here this morning but not really cold thankfully.

New regime in this house as I discovered yesterday that I can get one TV channel on my computer so I can have my breakfast in here and OH can have her breakfast in peace in the kitchen..................Great

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey it wasn't me that worked in an EA's office my youngest son use to be an EA and I think it was Sally who worked part time in an EA's office.
Thanks for that Lynn, obviously getting confused again
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

A quiet day today of getting things done around the house, so not exactly exciting. Heavy rain forecast from mid-morning until mid evening so a long walk with the dogs is my priority. I too slept really well last night which was most welcome.

I hope that sickbay queue disappears as I thought it was virtually empty last night. Lynn I hope you get a nap at some time to catch up on your interrupted sleep last night and get news that the house sales are progressing.
Helena not sure about the arial as I only ever use Bio anyway. Can you not use the template for Van 1 for Van 2 next season as you won't have van 1 will you .... or may you
Bev - Rush, rush, rush ..... I hope your day calms down and you have a good day at work.
Malka - Poor you. Cranberry juice is meant to be really good for anything to do with bladders and urinary things which you may be able to get in that shop opposite you. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi to all the people who will no doubt have come in while I've been typing. Enjoy your day.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I love that gatehouse. Imagine it without all the clutter.
Way above our budget though.
I think that's the point Lynn, it does look lovely from the outside and it is on the estate of Hengrave Hall but does that justify what I think is a totally unjustifiable price Way above my budget too
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning all, today is noticeably more pleasant. Sunny warm and breezy. A really lovely lovely day! Let's hope it stays that way for a while now. Didn't have to strip off and shower the minute I got back from walking Bella.

We only met one local today as we didn't go out until after 8.30 she bored the tits of me with a blow by blow account of having a dividing wall twixt kitchen and living removed. I ain't kidding she described every step of the operation and even how many times she went down to dump some of the rubbish. I managed to escape as she was starting to go into detail about which bits now need plastering zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was amused by her keep saying to her dog 'No! It's not yours!' every time it approached Bella! As if Bella was a toy that belonged to me and not her dog lol!

I'm toying with the idea of actually doing a few jobs around the apartment. Might just sit here until the insane notion subsides mind you.

Have to get on Amazon and find a pressie for a baby - software bod I worked together with for about 4 yrs on this job has married and gone forth and multiplied. I might just get a nice plant arrangement from M&S instead.

In fact I will go see what they've got right now - I do like plants from M&S they never disappoint always look at least as good as the photos and deliver exactly when you want them delivered.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2013, 07:51 AM
jenny - I think they sell small tins of "Cranberry Nectar" at the macolet, but the ingredients will be mainly water, sugar, and cranberry flavouring, [anything described as "Nectar" here is mainly water and sugar] and sugar is really bad for UTIs. But I have cranberry extract capsules so I reckon those will help. Drinking plenty of plain water will probably help as well.

I have seen sugar-free cranberry juice at one of the big supermarkets but that is probably more water than actual juice, and I doubt artificial sweeteners will be any less likely to cause problems than sugar.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi all
Have to go to my reading group at the school for a wee hour,missed it yesterday,but back on top form now
MALKA, with the uti...take my bed in the sick bay its very cosy xx
LYNN,Happy Birthday to your grandson hope he has a lovely day xx
Morning to everyone else,hope you're all well,see ya in a bit xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 08:15 AM
bit of a dull morning here.
Lynn, I've found the links and studied them all. I like no 1 and 6, in fact if 6 is still available I'm packing up all ready. that would give me about 50k for my round the world cruise and then some! That is the difference in house prices down here
Malka UTI argggh poor you, cranberry juice is a good idea although it didn't help me. I think it is more preventative than a cure.
Morning H, Bev, Losos, Tang Eileen and whoever else has crept in hope you all have a good day
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi NIPPY
Think you're right about the cranberry juice,drinking it everyday helps prevent uti's I believe,good for the kidneys Lemon barley water the doc told me to give Leah.
Ok,defo going now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Morning Harvey don't worry my brain has been addled for along time and with all the house moving and problems we have had it has vacated my cranium completely.
I hope the weather cheers up for you, nice here at the moment not meant to last though.
Morning jenny enjoy your walk and hopefully you will stay dry.
I have a feeling form your forecast I am going to get very wet later walking down to Owens with his cards and cake for tomorrow.
Morning Pat. You must know now how to remove a wall if you so wish too, and what to do with the rubble.
How big was her dog bit worrying if she had to keep telling it no its not yours. Poor Bella she is no ones stuffed toy and I think would make it blatantly obvious if needed.
Good luck in your quest today.
Morning Eileen good to hear you are feeling better. Have fun with the reading group.

One of my dog walking friends also a dog groomer has her own business and who also boards had one of her client very yappy things out today. She boarded it during the summer and vowed never again but obviously forgot how annoying it is. All the way round the bl**dy field yap yap yap. Given me a headache. Dillon and I kept our distance its a bit nasty too but she does keep it on lead at all times.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »