Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Lol! only a dog owner would suggest giving it a sniff! ....... and only a dog owner would do it and report back!!!
LOL!

Right if it's fine inside and not smelly or dirty then it doesn't sound like an infection, more a bite, sting or irritant on the ear flap. Give it a good thorough wash, especially in the wee pocket on the side of ear flap, I forget what it's called? I use surgical spirit and cotton wool on mine, that's good just follow the instructions on the bottle. I'd probably give him some piriton too as it does sound like an irritant rather than an infection, and see how he goes!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
LOL!

Right if it's fine inside and not smelly or dirty then it doesn't sound like an infection, more a bite, sting or irritant on the ear flap. Give it a good thorough wash, especially in the wee pocket on the side of ear flap, I forget what it's called? I use surgical spirit and cotton wool on mine, that's good just follow the instructions on the bottle. I'd probably give him some piriton too as it does sound like an irritant rather than an infection, and see how he goes!
and give it another sniff tomorrow. One sniff twice daily is my expert advice!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2008, 11:33 AM
A sniff a day keeps the vets at bay!!!!!
snnnnnniffffff!!!!
JoanneMB
New Member!
Female 

01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I use an old fashioned ear powder on my dogs' ears once a week. It helps with plucking excess ear hair, but also keeps it dry and free of ear mites. It also soothes itching. Do a search on google. There are many suppliers of it, thornit being one of the suppliers. You'll also get access to lots of reviews of it. It's an old fashioned formula from the 1800s, but I've never heard of bad feedback in my years of using it. My dogs are havanese and Tibetan Terrier, so have floppy, hairy ears - yet they've never had an infection.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Cheers peeps for ya replies....
The redness n itchezzz has gone down alot...thanks to the benadryl
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Sounds like it was just an allergic reaction. Kismet managed to eat a bee last weekend and my vet suggested benadryl and see how it went (she was fine, up and chasing bees again by the afternoon)... Apparently human antihistamines are fine for dogs, but still, always better to get a vet's advice before giving them anything. Lots of human medicines are incredibly harmful, or fatal to dogs. The vets now help line are always happy to give advice over the phone 24/7 and it's free. http://www.vets-now.com/
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Get some Hibiscrub... you cant get it from the chemist... and dilute it in 1 part Hibiscrubr, 2 part water, give the effected area a good wash with it.
BenNy BuLLdOg
New Member!
Female 

01-08-2008, 02:23 PM
maybe a rash or allergy from something in the bushes he ran thru? tough one...its only that one part huh?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2