View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Sue and I have just been going through the excursions when we go on our cruise this year. Spent some time looking and now booked and paid for, so now nothing else to pay for but spending money. The total cost soon mounts up first with putting Teasle in kennels followed by car park fees at Airport - health insurance- cruise itself and excursions. Won't say how much in total but when breaking cost per person, taking into account no holiday last year due to my hospitalisation, it works out quite reasonable.

Going on a cruise compared to UK hotel prices one gets so much more per pound spent. No wonder cruising is so popular now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Had a lovely walk with the girls, a jogger did spoil it a bit, because Zen was still offlead and fazed by the jogger, in fact mesmerised is a better word, eyes locked onto him approaching and nothing else entered her world. I did ask if he could stop running as I just knew she would start bounding after him, but I got the 'look' you get. So then she did bound around him and I get yet another 'look' but I did tell him what would happen!! After he went we were all fine, leads back on, walked along the main road, which was pretty busy, barking dogs on the other side, one tied up outside a shop and they looked but carried on walking, not a murmer from them. Saw some horses out for a brisk ride, and Zen was OMG what are Those!!! I always get mine to sit near a horse, so Lona and Mabs sat, Zen copied them and just Stared riders laughing at her face All got a going over with the undercoat rake and I swear Lona is naked the amount thats coming off her, so she will be in season First, which is what she likes to happen, Mabs has a fair bit coming out now, so she'll be Second, much to her disgust because she so wants to be First. Zen hasn't really started yet. Then Zen blotted her copy book by stealing Lona's bone and running off with it. Retrieved bone for Lona and threw them out, brought Cariad and Kesh in, had a nice walk round, lots of children stopping me to stroke them,then they had a do with the rake. Cariad losing a lot, but she's been spayed, Kesh losing some. Everyone had their eyes and ears cleaned as well today, within 10 minutes they were back to looking like no one cared. Given the yard and kennels a clean, only got a small amount of dirty out, they've got nice deep beds for tonight. Venison necks for tea, and I'm now going to have a lazy afternoon, but won't be watching the Rugby
Griff, haggis is really nice, a bit like black pudding. In fact you have given me a hankering for black pudding, only got bacon in though, so will have a bacon and cheese butty instead.
Hoping Lynn is surviving
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Hi peeps hope you all are well and survived the stormy weather
Obviously that includes the doglet's too
Missed you all enormously could write a book all that's been happening here flooding hospitals doctors dentists breakups and vets so it's been all go the last few weeks
Hoping we get back to some semblance of normality soon :044
The worst being Mr Fritz has had a head trauma a bank collapsed and he dropped about 10 feet spent a week in the vets (thought we'd loose him )had it not been for the wonderful care he received from Paddy our vet and Karen his nurse how he got away with nothing broken we'll never know he's still his good natures self and has taken everything in his stride
Still got a bad eye (still got full sight ) but looks as if he's had a stroke ) reactive to bright light and hematomas(sp) in both ears 1fne now the other having to be drainened every second day he's such a good boy
No op as paddy wants to give him time to recover before he has to go through another op he's lost a lot of weight and doesn't won't to put him throught any more stress
Sasha are Gemma are both in fine fettle thank goodness
As for the little bumblesnout (cara ) she exasperates us everday Lovably little monster just the same she's also had a problem with 1 of her eyes the cartilage behind the 3 eye has poped outward dosnt affect her eye sight bit will required an op once she's fully grown ( to do now will leave her with dry eye )
Can I please please have a more normal life hope
Well try to post more often ( missed you all ) now that things are starting to get back th somewhat nere normal
Love and best wishes to all humans and doglets
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Oh No poor Mr Fritz hoping he makes a full recovery, your vet sounds marvellous and thank goodness he was there for you all.
Cara Bumblesnout, what are you doing worrying mummy like this when Mr Fritz has been in such a nasty accident, get that eye sorted quick please little Miss.
Glad you're still in there fighting Norma, someone's got to do it.
Sat in front of a log fire watching Sharpe with a bacon and cheese butty and a brew. What other way to spend a cold windy Saturday afternoon eh
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Thank you TW
Thought I was going doolally for a while oh taking not to kindly for a while at being diagnosed with type 2 dabities (he's had a sweet tooth )
As for Mr fritz he's such a fenonimal dog he just loves Karen his nurse just loves her too bits she never left his side for 48hrs (think he'd move camp ) hope you and yours are all well
Think there was so much going on oh ,daughter ,sister ,dogs felt like I was going insane
Thank goodness things are improving lol still a long way to go
Still thing are improving so all positive as long as our boy gets there ,definitely that mr fritz retired now (though how he'll take to that is another mater )he won't like it as he just lovest to work
Hope you and yours are ok
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2016, 04:09 PM
We're fine Norma,high jinks with the baby girl, but if the girls don't murder her first, she'll turn out fine.
Can't see OH appreciating the diagnosis thought
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2016, 04:45 PM
Thank youTw
Oh hates change (old school doesn't thing things happen to him ) daft old git
Mr Fritz is a honour to own he never changes (don't think i'v I've known a dog that has never had a bad bone in his body ) he's just takes everything in is stride and adores everybody he's sill on a lot of painkillers and drops in his bad eye the good boy that he is will lie down on his side to let you put the drops in
The bumlesnout will , 6mths o. 16 this month and is pushing the boundaries
She's not gun shy as we joined a shoot the last drive before lunch the little gif never turned (we were were well away from any gun shot never turned a hair
She was much admired (not many pointers in this area ) very respectfull of humans and other dogs did a spectacular point only trouble was it was someone's game bag I't
however have a couple of phessie in it lol she'no daft lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Aw with her Uncle Fritz to show her the right way to do it, little Bumblesnout will be a credit to you Norma.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Bl**dy Hell Norma, how absolutely awful...on all counts!!!!! hope Mr Fritz will be o.k and the little ones eye issue resolves and hope your OH learns to accept his diagnosis, mums mate has type 2 diabetes and she still truffles chocolate cake etc...even though she knows she shouldn't, won't accept it is diet related at all
Lol Poor little Zen getting fixated by a jogger, we saw one the other night and he went into his garden and was doing stretches, deags put both paws on his wall and was having a good old nosy....i apologised and he just laughed his head off. Well done with her sitting for the horse, dread to think what mine would do
Mum and dad went off to where hamish macbeth was allefegedly filmed..the place they ended up wasn't remotely like on the tv and didn't even have a coffee shop!! mum was not amused, as it took so long to get there they didn't get the chance to go up ben nevis in the gondola so she is really annoyed Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Well hi peeps. Late today as been busy with passing all that came to classes this morning. The only ones that didn't pass are those that didn't turn up. They worked their socks off. So that was so lovely. We always take into account how the nerves have an effect and what they have done over the weeks and they really deserved to pass. Some of them are returning to go onto the next level. Meanwhile my friend that comes for munches on Wednesday is poorly with high temp and low blood pressure. I just hope she gets better very soon. Norma hope your dogs are OK and June hope the girls are behaving. Moyra keepwarm and Lynn put weights on Dillons feet or we can rename him Tigger. Bouncy bouncy. Have a good evening. Oh and lg did you join an agency to use your dogs in film? Just asking as another friend of mine, yep I have more than one, does film work with animals.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >