View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2012, 08:56 AM
In the morning, they are like "Yay, you're awake!!! Toilet, Breakfast pleeeeeeeease" Then they calm down..

Sadie - sleeps.
Benjie - sleeps by front door.
Louie - wanders from room to room but pretty much sleeps. We'll have the odd bit of play now and then.
Pennie - sleeps and wanders and plays by herself or entices Louie to have a game of tug with her.
Jack - sleeps.

The only other times they are giddy are when there is food about but if it's not theirs then they settle down again, collars are put on , leads are out and if they see me going into either of their freezers.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2012, 09:00 AM
All the adults are mostly settled, though occasionally have a play fight, rave either bullies mav into playing or lays down but actively watches for things to pounce on or mischief to get up to. Some days are worse than others And when she is drivin me nuts she has enforced rest in her crate!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Gertie, my late lurcher, used to sleep all the time except when eating or being exercised. When we came home from the shops or whatever, she couldn't even be bothered to get off the settee to greet us, but she did condescend to lift her head and wait for us to go to her.

The terrier never stops and is constantly racing around or at the window, barking if anything exciting like a leaf fluttering down happens.

The other two - cocker spaniel and standard poodle - are in the middle of those extremes - they'll have a bit of a play, then a rest, then another play and so on.

I would think living with a houseful of terriers would be exhausting!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Pretty chilled in the house most of the time - expect when they think Im gonna take them out for a walk - then they are all go
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Chloe only has a really deep sleep at night. During the day she's only resting with one eye closed and the other half open, ready to investigate anything interesting that might be going on.

When she's outside in the garden she spends a lot of time sitting on the lid of the well watching the world go by, or when inside she'll sit on the back of the armchair looking out of the window.
LindsayP
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2012, 10:21 AM
My two are pretty calm, usually asleep.
They haven't got up yet! still crashed out on my bed.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Depends. With plenty of exercise Spen is happy to just chill most of the time although he does like to play, either by himself or with us, and have a chew on his bone or stag bar.

At the moment it's far too hot to go for a walk in the day time and by the time it's cooled down enough for a proper walk to be ok it's too bloody dark!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Chloe sleeps quite a bit in the day when I am busy around the house but has set 'play moments'
If I am ironing she will bring her squeaky ball to be kicked and returned to my foot.
When I am cooking is her favourite. While standing by the work surface in the kitchen I can kick the ball up the kitchen and along the entire length of the hall Chloe will drop the ball by my foot then retreat up the hall to catch it in her mouth or prevent it reaching the end before dropping it once more by my foot. All good fun and mental exercise .
MrsSB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Chloe sleeps quite a bit in the day when I am busy around the house but has set 'play moments'
If I am ironing she will bring her squeaky ball to be kicked and returned to my foot.
When I am cooking is her favourite. While standing by the work surface in the kitchen I can kick the ball up the kitchen and along the entire length of the hall Chloe will drop the ball by my foot then retreat up the hall to catch it in her mouth or prevent it reaching the end before dropping it once more by my foot. All good fun and mental exercise .
Why is it they only want to play when you're busy doing something else? Ben sleeps most of the day, but as soon as I get the ironing board out, or sit down at the computer, he wants me to play with him. Other than that, he totally ignores me and only wakes up if he hears food being prepared
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Mollie sleeps a lot of the time, Duncan wanders around from room to room stopping to chew a toy or investigate a spider, likes to join me whatever I am doing. Goes nutty when my great Niece (3) comes home for her lunch then calms down and has a sleep when she has gone home.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >