View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:52 AM
We upgraded to the Sports and added a couple of packs - news and knowledge if I remember correctly.

I personally don't watch much tv but with OH starting to be away during the weeks from August time I might get to watch a bit more. Can't wait to watch the footie in HD!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Well had confirmation of registration for HD yesterday and according to Sky I can expect to be upgraded in 7-12 weeks?!?

3 bloomin months to come and unplug one box to replace with another! Madness it is!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 09:04 AM
7-12 weeks!

Hmm I wonder if it would be quicker if you were a new customer???
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 09:43 AM
We love it hear and if its on HD we do watch it and certainly notice the picture difference - the only thing I will say is the sound seems to be lower on HD than normal - no idea why and just need to turn it up a notch.

Love Sky Plus - tape far too much I never get to watch LOL!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Go for it - it's wonderful
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
7-12 weeks!

Hmm I wonder if it would be quicker if you were a new customer???
I thought the same thing but apparently they treat every customers, new or old, exactly the same. Hmmm
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I got mine in under 2 weeks as a new customer, mind I only have sky plus not HD, gonna wait 'til more HD channels come out for that as i'd only really watch LOST in HD it would be a waste for me atm I don't watch much telly at all really but sky plus is a Godsend lol.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I thought the same thing but apparently they treat every customers, new or old, exactly the same. Hmmm
Hmmm I'd be so tempted to ring as a new customer and see what they said about how long it would take..... esp if you mentioned you were thinking of going with Virgin or BTVision.
.....and if you ring from your home phone, which will show up as your account I would say I was ringing from your house as a friend who is interested.
No good me doing it though as it may differ from area to area..... but if I were you I would lol

Like a dog with a bone me!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2009, 12:24 PM
There is a wait as the new price is a relaunch so there will be alot of take up, when sky hd first lauched there was 3-4mth waits in some cases. It was the same when sky+ first launched years back then re-launched and even as far back as sky digitals launch
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 12:26 PM
No I would too, when I was getting my internet on I was deciding between Sky, Virgin and BT and I nearly went with BT and got a date for installation within the fortnight but then Virgin put a better offer on for the net and phone together so I changed my mind. Anyway, a good friend of mine still had the old BT router and needed it updating, this was about 3 weeks before xmas and they said they couldn't get out to change it 'til January, so 4 weeks at least, yet me as a new customer they made me an appointment in just over a week!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >