Male 

08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Yes, totally disregard science.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
Heaven forbid listening to somebody that knows enough that the dog food companies are willing to pay for his advice.
Yes, totally disregard science.
Labman why on earth would anyone listen to you and your so called 'experienced professionals' you are the last people I would take advice from when it comes to pet care.

By your own admission (in numerous other posts ) you feed a minimum of meals of the cheapest pet food to the puppies in your care many of whom from 7 weeks of age were shut in a tiny crate measuring 11 x 15 inches for 16 hours a day on mesh without bedding or water in the belief that depriving puppies of food and water means they soil less . Not my kind of science thank you . The puppies were not even yours but belong to some anonymous organisation who allowed you to have them for a year. No genuine dog lover would have such little regard for the welfare of puppies in their care.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Why on earth would anybody listen to your old opinions? There is a large body of very reliable knowledge scientifically determined by carefully controlled studies. Much of it conflicts with older thinking. Too bad people can't look at new ideas objectively.

I too once was an average dog owner thinking what I had always known was true. I had an open mind and am continually learning. You need to look into things a little deeper. That doesn't mean finding websites you agree with.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Why on earth would anybody listen to your old opinions? There is a large body of very reliable knowledge scientifically determined by carefully controlled studies. Much of it conflicts with older thinking. Too bad people can't look at new ideas objectively.

I too once was an average dog owner thinking what I had always known was true. I had an open mind and am continually learning. You need to look into things a little deeper. That doesn't mean finding websites you agree with.
because they have very valid points, and mean a lot more than the garbage you come out with.

you were once and average owner now your just a s*ite and cruel owner now
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 08:44 AM

Actually, that is what you do - search for snippets of information that you agree with and ignore the rest.

Now really, you need to stop with the 'science' waffle - this is not science - it is a far cry from science. There have been no unbiased or reliable studies done to show anything (as you yourself have acknowledged) - the industry itself has performed work for its own benefits in order to sell its products.

Because there have been no reliable or robust scientific studies done, it is down to 'users' of these products to highlight anything they find that is of interest - good or bad. People who are biased in favour of feeding their dogs the cheapest products they can find (such as you) choose only to listen to accounts that agree with what you want to hear. It is not scientific to completely disregard anything you would rather not acknowledge.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2