View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Afternoon everyone. Not been so nice today as yesterday weather wise.
Bit dull and windy with a chill. Gorden and I went to Giraffe for breakfast then onto Castle rising to walk round the remains very interesting. We then strolled into the village to the tea room and saw two beautiful Leonbergers in the garden with their owners having a cuppa.
Then onto boring shopping.
Dillon's leg has improved a bit while we were out and he was resting put him back on a low dose of rhus tox.

griff what a dreadful service from fedex.
Nice to see you Nippy Jen hope you have healed and you and Brian and Pepsi are well.
Glad the walk went well June and hope the pain is sorted soon Mandy.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Hi all
Well done Griff, sort of thing I'd do, hate people like that
Fingers crossed that they sort the river soon so you can get back in there TW
Sue you have my sympathy too do like some of the jokes though Tweed
I got up this morning with no headache or sick feeling, and because I'd had a great nights sleep I felt so much better this morning. The most cheerful I'd felt for a good few weeks. Pain wise the tramadol is really helping. I was taking ibuprofen Moyra, but it's not really working now.
Hi NJ hope you ok now, and had a good day in the garden.
I've dyed Lauryn's hair for her so need to go wash it off for her. She's going back to purple
Be back later
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Started raining here around lunchtime, but I didn't mind because girls were walked and jobs done. Had an hour with the telly then went to do the weekly shop, all stocked up now for the week, I hope anyway.
You've had quite a nice Easter, Lynn. Been to lots of places and had lunch with people, made a real change I bet. Fingers crossed for Dillon
Griff, why didn't the driver do something, i.e. drive straight to the police station with the jerk, cannot understand why people think its OK to behave like that, poor woman having to put up with that at the bus stop, I think I would have rung the police and had him taken off the streets, even if it was only for a couple of hours!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Well done griff oik that he was needs a good slap.
We had a lively evening in the pub last night a local and whose family have lived in this village and surrounding villages for 100's of years came in to shout us down.
Basically saying we were incomers and bonkers and we shouldn't be trying to declassify the roads and wouldn't take on board we have no argument with the business's here already but we do take exception to the amount of lorries coming through the village as a cut through when they have no business here.
He went on and on and on and not quietly either. Then an older chap from Outwell the next door village and also affected squared up to him and said so what I have lived here 69 years how old are you ? Well the older chaps wife had his trouser belt in fear he was going to land one on the younger fella.
Then other stuff came out and we have never laughed so much at one of the meetings.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2016, 04:21 PM
I didn't feel warm enough to take Blue out today but maybe tomorrow. Amber was happy enough playing ball on the green.

Lynn and Griff you both sound as though you have had some lively encounters. Main thing nobody got hurt and in your case Lynn is was quite funny!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Ooh sounds like you had a good evening there in the end, glad no one got hurt
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
bit of a scary moment when a load of people all with little dogs milling around them came onto the park yesterday, had Kesh on a line, called Mabs to me and persuaded Zen she needed to come to me as well, put leads on and hooked them over the railings, and the people passed by and went up into the woods, so disaster averted
Hi June, yes I know the feeling but I've only got two and Rianna doesn't do running now. How you manage with three must put you in the 'Super Women' class, do you wear a spandex swimsuit with a big 'S' on the front

Thanks for asking about us, and all of you who have been so kind. OH is well over her horrible lurgi / fever / cough, and I am mightily relieved to say that, she said it was the worst for many years. I somehow didn't go down with it although have had a slight cough I'll live

Regarding the 'old boy' - Casey, well he is standing and walking on that leg OK but not when running. I have found a hydrotherapy place but it's 60 mile round trip.

I think we'll see if he improves any more over the weekend, if not I'll talk to Caroline (Vet) on Monday. She is still puzzled as to what kicked this off (As am I)

As most of you know dogs don't see the future, so with Casey when it's walkies time he gets all excited and thinks he's going for a major hike when in fact I am keeping it down to half an hour, I think it's tiring for him having to run on three legs but he doesn't see it that way

Well it's almost time for thier dinner so I'll be away, will try to get back latter.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Glad Oh is feeling better Harvey. Poor Casey but I know what it's like Dillon is just the same.

June it has been a nice Easter break and we still have a long weekend and then a long weekend next weekend. Gorden goes back to the office Tuesday and returns Wednesday evening then returns to work on the Monday full time again.
We hope with all hope that when the school returns the offer of an interview then a job locally comes up and that it hasn't already been filled.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone, a few of you have had some fun and games, Lynn and Griff come to mind on that one. Glad you had a good nights sleep and are pain free today Mandy. TW you have some fun with your girls, not sure my nerves would survive lol

Weather not too nice today. Wee Sammy is an absolute darling, he's very good off lead now comes back when called, well 95% of the time, and doesn't run up to all dogs, he seems quite particular now with who he plays with. He had a big Irish Red Setter play bowing and hitting him with her paw yesterday but he didn't seem too sure of what he should do lol

I have a long line on him, it's one for using inside but more than long enough for what I need and it's very light. Some people pick it up thinking he has escaped from me lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Lynn, we will all keep our fingers crossed for Gorden. It would make life easier for you even if it means a drop in income.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >