Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I have dogmatics on my 2 and someone commented to me the other day 'I see you've got them muzzled....'
The only thing anybody would run the risk of is being licked to death!!!
Same with mine some people are so stupid they can't tell the difference between a walking aid and a muzzle and
even if they did wear muzzles it does not mean they are viscious or dangerous. I used to muzzle my old girl to stop her from being stung by bees as she took an allergic reaction and not because she was dangerous..

As was said before the media has a lot to answer would fit them better if they would do an article on educating people about different breeds of dogs and their good points instead of inciting a public outcry against the dog population.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people around Cassie's really choosy about the dogs she plays with and she plays with the ones you wouldn't expect her to. The other day it was a mastiff who was about 10 times her size and she loved him
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Max doesn't care! He just wants to lick everyone, regardless!

A dalmatian?? Honestly, some people haven't a clue!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Cassie's really choosy about the dogs she plays with and she plays with the ones you wouldn't expect her to. The other day it was a mastiff who was about 10 times her size and she loved him
Max loves bigger dogs, the bigger they are, the better! The only problem is that their owners usually worry about Max getting hurt

He loves smaller dogs too, but their owners see "huge" Max and pick up their little doggies and carry them away - must be cos he's such a huge snarling beast
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
He said: "So, what kind of dog is he"
Me: "A Boxer, he's 7 mths old"
Man: "No, that's not a Boxer, they don't have tails"
Me: "Yes, he's a Boxer, we haven't had him docked"
Man: "No love, someone's taken you for a ride, that's a mongrel, maybe a mastiff cross"
Me: "Um...whatever...bye"
Next time Teagan and I come round, we'll let Teagan 'escape' into their garden, and see what they think she is!! lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I use to have to walk my Max on a halti and some people thought it was a muzzle. So then they thought he was vicious.He was the softest boy you could wish for.
AS for not recognising Breeds people call Ollie a St.Bernard and look very surprised when I tell them he is a Bernese mountain dog,its like I have got it wrong.There will always be ignorant people out there you just have to sarcastically smile.
I cannot understand people not recognising a Boxer even with a tail.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Think it's him that needs the muzzle.... and I'd have told him that too..
I get that all the time when Maddy has her dogmatic on
People tend to steer away, "Oooooooh don't go near it, it's got a muzzle on it must bite!"

Worst thing is she's a noisy git and she barks when she's excited, (whilst wagging her little stump of a tail, awwww ) and being a Weimy it's pretty loud, so obviously she's a beast on the loose
huskadie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Walking keiko and milo one time,with their halti's on and approaching us was an old couple and their yorkie.The yorkie was barking and going beserk at my 2 who were by this time getting a little excited at all the noise the other dog was making.As the owners came passed theyd picked their dog up and were kind enough to explain to me that he(the dog) didnt like the muzzles mine were wearing-what a remarkably clever little dog!!!!????LOL i did try to explain that my dogs(or wolves,as mine are often mistaken for!! ) were extremely strong and they werent muzzles but head collars(so i had more control over them) but im pretty sure they didnt believe me-Oh well!
pxxuk
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Oh dear, I'm not an expert on breeds but I can see from the small pics they are boxers... how cheeky it is to argue with someone about what breed their dog is!! Never would I do that!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by huskadie View Post
Walking keiko and milo one time,with their halti's on and approaching us was an old couple and their yorkie.The yorkie was barking and going beserk at my 2 who were by this time getting a little excited at all the noise the other dog was making.As the owners came passed theyd picked their dog up and were kind enough to explain to me that he(the dog) didnt like the muzzles mine were wearing-what a remarkably clever little dog!!!!????LOL i did try to explain that my dogs(or wolves,as mine are often mistaken for!! ) were extremely strong and they werent muzzles but head collars(so i had more control over them) but im pretty sure they didnt believe me-Oh well!
I'd have just said "Oh yes, my wolves need a muzzle on so they don't eat smaller dogs"...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >