Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hungover
New Member!
Male 

08-07-2008, 12:37 PM
hi sunny

The tylosin based products such as Angels Eyes and angels glow do work very well but i understand owners concerns about using antibiotics on a long term basis.

I guess that those concerns are highlighted by the fact that the makers are very coy about mentioning the antibiotic in their products

We used Angels eyes until it was banned in the UK and the rest of Europe.

a friend recommended another tear stain remover- Angels delight.

The great thing about Angels delight is that it is 100% natural. Angels delight however was initially developed as a holistic "cure" for a wide range of conditions (including patella slipping- whatever that is?) and they discovered that it stopped red tear and coat stains in dogs and cats.

i did find that angels delight took longer to start working than the angels eyes but work it did. just sprinkle it in their food. 5 weeks rather than three weeks

you can get more info from here

[Link removed]

i believe that they also make a cream by the same name

IF ANY ONE DOES USE THE TYLOSIN BASED PRODUCTS THEN PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IT WILL KILL HORSES- its fine for dogs though
bichon1
New Member!
Female 

11-07-2008, 07:20 AM
I use a natural powder called Angels Delight made in the uk, takes about 5/6 weeks to work but the results are great.
Bichonmum
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Never heard of Banish but it sounds good and worthwhile trying!

I used Eye Envy once too, got results for a while, but there was an underlying issue with Molly's eye, but it did work!

See my post in this thread about the tear duct unblocking:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=87171
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 08:02 AM
My westie had tear stains when we first got her, and suprisingly, we used some eye wipes from PAH, they kept any infection away, and cleaned away the stains at the same time!! x
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Don't know whether this works, but I read that a teaspoonful of Apple Cider Vinegar on the food can reduce tear stains. Never needed to try it myself, but maybe it's worth a try?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2