Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 09:29 AM
MRS PAT,
Great I wake up and see your post, you are being missed
Exciting,son's wedding,please loads of pics. Bella looks gorgeous She'll be fine, enjoy you're time out,really hope everything is o.k..... You honestly have just made my day
Morning all,
Will come back for a chat and a catch up.....need coffee!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Good morning fellow members cloudy and cooler today which is a relief.
I am trying to catch up on some housework before the heat
returns and I have a ton of ironing to do .

Enjoy your day everyone
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Pat - with overhead power lines I doubt Hevrat Hashmal [the lecci company] will need to dig up the road. At the moment it is still the pavements that are being replaced... or rather they will be... eventually.

Then the road will be dug up and replaced... or rather will be... eventually.

But, I looked and saw a sort of pathway so I could get out and I did not care if it boogered up what they were doing so went across to the macolet.

And, and, and, while I was in the macolet one of the "senior" of them came into the macolet and said words to the effect that I had been told not to drive across their work blah blah blah and I had wasted all that work blah blah blah.

At which I looked suitably ashamed...

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Morning all,

Pat, hope you have a nice journey and your son has a lovely wedding.

I'm planning the beach later. It's beautiful here. I only got up an hour ago, gave the boys their breakfast, catching crickets is not easy! I let Lenny out for a while, well if I did! George threw a small scaly tantrum, black beard, stomping feet and head bobbing for all he was worth. Funny wee lad.

I'm hanging out washing then heading off. Hope you all have a lovely day.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-07-2013, 10:18 AM
'morning Tang, Lynn, Helena, Malka, Jenny, and all of you above.

Hope you have a good time in England Pat and especially hope the wedding goes well and you have a good cry weddings are great things I like them so much I had two (To the same person I might add )

I am preparing for a trip to Blighty myself, and starting to think about options for return now that OH has said she doesn't want to live here anymore after Baruska died.

By the way I've had the pleasure of a cuppa at Helena's Heavenly Hotel and I can assure readers she does a real nice cup of tea and Zena is a delight.

Malka, I really can't see how your little electric vehicle could make any impact on a surface that has been 'done over' by a heavy roller, the weight is hardly going to compare to a heavy roller is it

We're having some good weather here but not as hot as it is in UK, have a good dap all of you out there.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 10:20 AM
LORE,they sound like loads of fun,enjoy the beach
Sitting outside,looking at the blackest lawn you've ever seen.Is it supposed to look like this, or did I over do the weed and feed Meant to give it a week,can't imagine that ever being green again!!!! Quick tidy up of house and self, then out to lunch with fam and shopping
Malka and Moyra (( hugs))
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post

By the way I've had the pleasure of a cuppa at Helena's Heavenly Hotel and I can assure readers she does a real nice cup of tea and Zena is a delight.
Problem is she forgets the biscuits She will never live that down

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
LORE,they sound like loads of fun,enjoy the beach
Sitting outside,looking at the blackest lawn you've ever seen.Is it supposed to look like this, or did I over do the weed and feed Meant to give it a week,can't imagine that ever being green again!!!! Quick tidy up of house and self, then out to lunch with fam and shopping
Malka and Moyra (( hugs))
Eileen, I know it's a bit late now but I thought you were supposed to weed and feed when rain is due, to water it in.
Oooops hope it recovers
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Eileen, thanks, You are supposed to water the lawn if you do not get rain after applying the weed and feed. So if you did not get rain water it well.

Malka, you posted after me but I am glad you stood your ground or rather rode over your ground to get to the macolet. They have a cheek they really have.

Since posting earlier I have changed the sheets on the bed and made them up. Put the sheets through the wash and vacuumed right through. I now need to shower and change my clothes as I am melting. Do take care everyone, God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Morning all well afternoon now.

Have a good day all.

Well Bella and I were out at about 5 this morning.....really its me doing nights then off for a few days but its working out well for Bella early morning walks.
Came back home and then had crumpets and marmite along with coffee and a play in the garden with a ragger while I watered the baskets.....have brought a new hosepipe a micro-hose (not sure that's what it is called) but a lot thinner therefore lighter to use - than a normal pipe but uses same fittings. Going to fit one up so it goes down the die of the house then we can connect without trailing hose to the front.
However decided due to the slightly overcast morning to take Bella back out and we had a really nice walk maybe we were both more awake did a nice lap round the park and a 4 legged part of the walking due paddled through the brook then we went a nice road walk about a mile each way. Then home.
So I am off to fit up the hose. Looking at taking Bella to the Cotswold Athletics day in Sept (depending on my knee) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3o86j30eXw
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I lied in my earlier post this morning when I said it was cooler today, it's now hotter than it's ever been and Dave told me they said it's going to be the hottest day so far, but they keep saying that don't they So just HOW hot is it going to be exactly then by the end of this week

I went up to van 2 to strim the overgrown front roadside bit and was dripping afterwards. I made up those twin beds, even though I didn't want to, purely because these are such nice guests coming tomorrow, and what's a bit of extra washing.

Eileen, I think you've done what I did to my lawn once I made mine black, cos I used too much of something or other which should have made it greener, cos it said that on the box, but instead it turned it black It was some kind of Evergreen I think, it was on the telly and I believed them

Jen, I wonder if your boys were barking cos people were leaving their windows open overnight and you might have had some prowlers around

Jenny, oh I like your style, raid the fridge when you get hungry and the wine rack when you get thirsty Love it!!!

Lynn, Billingshurst is near where we used to live in West Sussex and if it's hot like this here, guaranteed it'll be the same over there, and Dillon would get roasted in this outside, it's getting horrendous out there as it approaches mid-day. Yesteday was luffly, all breezy and cool but sunny, not today though.

Pat, love the pic of little Bella all eagerly waiting for those gates to open there

Harvey, awww, thanks for that, but you forgot to mention that you got very special home made biscuits on your visit which I made myself (with a little bit of help from the bakery at my local Sainsburys). I do hope you move back and near to us.

Yorkies in the oven, and I'm just going to finish off the veg and we're having a lovely roast lunch, only because Dave's got the air con working for us now. I don't know what I'd do without my Dave

Stay cool everyone, especially our poor doglets in their fur coats, but at least Zena is nice and QUIET today!
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »