View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2011, 03:58 PM
so very sorry to read your post but please believe you are doing the right thing for cherry thinking of you all petrina xs
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:03 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. You have made a very brave decision. God Bless you all. xxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2011, 04:17 PM
How does Parker cope with this? Should I show him Cherry's body afterwards? They have been together since he was 8 weeks old and he is now 9 and a half.

What do we do re burial/cremation? I am not able to think clearly at the moment as I was expecting this news but am still devastated as you can magine.
I dont know if this helps but we let Millie see Bandit ,I am not sure how much difference it made for her, but it made me feel better knowing she saw him before he went,

We put her out of the room, while the vet did what she had too, then we allowed her to come and say goodbye, she came to him, had a sniff and and in her own way said bye.

Regards what you do with her,

If you are thinking of cremation, and you dont want to send her back with the vets to do it, then phone your vet now, and ask them for the address/phone number of the crem they use, or if you know one, then phone them now, and prepare them for tomorrow.

Again this is what we did, I already had the crem on speed dial on my phone, (ready when needed) we phoned them up and said vet is coming at such o,clock and can we bring him at so o.clock, they were waiting for us to arrive, we left Bandit and went back to pick him up later in the day.

If you get this sorted now, it will be easier for you tomorrow.

If you are letting the vets deal with her, then make sure you know when the crem do their pick up, you wont want her waiting in the vets if they dont pick up till Fri, so that might decide what you do.

If you are burying at home, then pick your spot now, and prepare it for tomorrow, the more you can do today, the better it will be tomorrow.

Taking him to the vcrem wa one of the hardest things we have ever done, but I am glad we did it,

I also think, tomorrow , you will be on automatic pilot and will just do what you need to , it will be later on that it hits home.

God bless,xxx
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I am so sorry.

You and your partner are extreemly selfles for deciding to help Cherry. I am sure you put alot of thought into the choice. I am so sorry you had to make it

Goodnight Cherry. xx
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm so sorry Kerryowner
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I can really empathise with you over this as I am in a similar situation with my Milo. The only thing you can do is what you think is best for Cherry and hope for the courage to see it through. I wish you strength tomorrow.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I really am so sorry to hear your very sad news but I think you are doing the right thing and you know Cherry best. Better a week to early than a day to late.
Big hugs to you all you are in my thoughts.
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:40 PM
very sorry to here this my thoughts are with you big hugs xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Oh Steph I am so sorry to read this.
I think you are being terribly brave and doing what is right for Cherry.
I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending hugs your way xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Bless you.
The last kind thing we can do for our dog - but so hard.
X gentle hugs from me and the furry mob.
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »