Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Would have been worse if it was one of each I have 2 kittens who are now 20 weeks old and they give me endless hours of amusement. Bodie and Doyle are almost as handsome as Timothy and Piper
Yes it would, but we were having them both neutered so no probs there, but you would think I could have noticed one was different underneath

Yours sound lovely too
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Never crossed my mind to check either

Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Beautiful kittens

Funny, it's always first thing I check

I always find kittens much less work than puppies and soooo easy to housetrain

You have double fun - enjoy xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Beautiful kittens

Funny, it's always first thing I check

I always find kittens much less work than puppies and soooo easy to housetrain

You have double fun - enjoy xx
Many thanks

I had a British Blue many years ago and he never got up to mischief, I think these two encourage each other, they prance around in front of Henry who then charges and bounces back, causing mayhem as they scatter up on the tv unit or other pieces of furniture, it's a wonder nothing has been broken yet...at least you can put things out of puppies reach...not so with these two

They have been wonderfully clean from day one, so no grumbles in that respect.

I'm not planning on having any more cats, well not for a long time, but I definately know how to sex them now so won't make that mistake again
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2012, 12:56 PM
First thing I would have checked with a puppy. Two definitley keep each other busy!!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 06:04 AM
[QUOTE=scorpio;2626639] It was so funny H, I phoned Clive when I got back from the vets and he was hysterical, saying what kind of dog breeder was I if I couldn't tell the difference between boys and girls ...I never even thought to look, they don't have all their bits at that age and they are very pretty, so I just didn't even contemplate that they might be boys. Clive was adamant he wanted those names so I decided to let him..it pays to let him have his own way now and again

Happens to vets too; knew one who opened a cat uo tp spay it and found nothing there as it was male...he had operated on that cat for something else and never noticed..

Cats are hard to sex though.. especially kittens. I once put a female in to be done and then my female at home backed up to me and I realised I had made an error...Sure enough when I went to collect the cat there was huge amusement that I was not able to tell Jack from Jill

Dogs are much easier to differentiate.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I remember being round at someone's house when their cat (with a very female name) rolled over to have "her" tummy rubbed. I have no idea how the owner hadn't noticed these two massive furry plums, and she was quite embarrassed when I pointed them out. The cat had a name change after that.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
First thing I would have checked with a puppy. Two definitley keep each other busy!!!
[QUOTE=Rosebud77;2633549]
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
It was so funny H, I phoned Clive when I got back from the vets and he was hysterical, saying what kind of dog breeder was I if I couldn't tell the difference between boys and girls ...I never even thought to look, they don't have all their bits at that age and they are very pretty, so I just didn't even contemplate that they might be boys. Clive was adamant he wanted those names so I decided to let him..it pays to let him have his own way now and again

Happens to vets too; knew one who opened a cat uo tp spay it and found nothing there as it was male...he had operated on that cat for something else and never noticed..

Cats are hard to sex though.. especially kittens. I once put a female in to be done and then my female at home backed up to me and I realised I had made an error...Sure enough when I went to collect the cat there was huge amusement that I was not able to tell Jack from Jill

Dogs are much easier to differentiate.
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
I remember being round at someone's house when their cat (with a very female name) rolled over to have "her" tummy rubbed. I have no idea how the owner hadn't noticed these two massive furry plums, and she was quite embarrassed when I pointed them out. The cat had a name change after that.
Dogs are definately easier to identify My two little boys are starting to develop, I would definately know what sex they are now...
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2012, 11:01 PM
The kittens are adorable What do the kittens think of the dogs and vice-versa?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Cute kittens
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >