View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Jake doesn't bother about the rain in the slightest, but a friends dog hated the rain as a pup. She would sit down and refuse to walk if she was taken out in the rain, as she has gotten older though she is getting better. If it comes on really heavy though, she hides under the trees!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Our Dingo hates the rain and will not go for a walk in it. We make it to the corner of the street and he digs in and refuses to go. I refuse to take a dog for a drag it's hard work. Magyk on the other hand loves the rain and enjoys playing in it. In our family it is Dingo our Podengo who is the fair weather walker not me. LOL

Heidi
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 08:01 PM
She can come & live with me because I hate the rain too!!
Tilly loves it though, the heavier the better, it makes her do zoomies
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Layton is a wimp who hates the rain (same as my husband really). We can partially get round it by sticking to wooded/overshadowed walks when it's tipping it down - but it's like walking a tumble drier with the shakey shake every two steps.

He also won't sit at all if the ground is cold and wet - hovers his backside an inch of the ground and looks at you with a pained expression on his face.

He hate hate hate hate hates snowflakes landing on him as well - makes his nose sneeze and he just can't stand the feeling!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:24 AM
I am really lucky (or unlucky) depending on your point of view.

None of my 6 dogs have ever concerned themselves with the weather, hot, dry, cold, windy, wet, thunderstorms, snowing etc etc they are all very happy to go out, stay out and be out.

None have ever worn coats either (apart from their own of course).

We have to compete in all weathers too, rain or shine.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Just added up dogs I have had---19 thus far. Only the two smallest have hated rain. Annie my JRT (long legged) and Coo who hates wet with a vengence, She did love the cold weather this year though. She will poo and wee inside if she isn't forced out and will often come back in and sneak off under something to do it---very annoying!

You could try a little coat but I have never found that it makes a difference.

I once had a cat who used to check all the entrances to the house if it was raining---just in case one was dry

rune
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I once had a cat who used to check all the entrances to the house if it was raining---just in case one was dry

rune
Mine does that! He will ask to go out the front, take one look, and ask at the back door instead.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:21 AM
My two HATE the rain...

When it's really bad, they won't even go to the toilet without being dragged/forced outside. They will wee inches from the back door and leg it back in unless you phsically take them down the garden....

Even though I'm prepared to walk in the rain, they will both refuse to go out of the house if it's wet. I can't drag them cos of their weight.
If it rains when we are already out, they get very skittery and can't walk in a straight line. They slink around to try and get away from the wet stuff....
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Mine does that! He will ask to go out the front, take one look, and ask at the back door instead.
Lots of cats do that - it's one of those wonders of feline logic - or optimism or something.
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2011, 11:02 AM
As she is only a pup you should be able to teach her to ignore the rain. I'd take her out into the garden when it is only raining slightly and play with her out there. That's what I always did years back when we had pups and they quickly stopped bothering how wet it was as long as we were playing with a favourite toy.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >