View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 01:18 PM
I'd suggest a spray for the carpets too. If it gets too bad try flea bombs but you have to keep the pets out of the room for a while (make sure you read the instructions). They are supposed to be really good I heard. I've not used one myself though.

Hopefully you get rid of your pestilence problem soon.
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2012, 01:24 PM
I have ordered some Indorex this morning, read some really great reviews too. Fingers crossed! Thanks for all your suggestions xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
We have double-coated mal crosses ... a nightmare if they got fleas, but they never do. We got rid of all the carpets - have hard floors everywhere - and we wash them with Vetzyme flea shampoo (green) about 3 or 4 times a year, maybe less, and they never get the little critturs. We were plagued with mange mites for ages when daughter's cat picked up mange in the vets - took us years to get rid of - but we eventually did it using Advocate and Vetzyme flea shampoo. We leave a good residue of shampoo on them, the secret is not to rinse all of it out. That combined with no carpets seems to do the trick!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I do not use any treatments on my dogs I spray the house (and car) every 6 months with Acclaim or Indorex.
I have done that for the last 12 years and I must have literally only seen a flea on my dogs about 3 times in all that time. I deflead them personally at that point, usually with Frontline spray.

If you have cats that roam free, it's essential to keep their flea treatment rigorously up to date and probably the dogs as well as most fleas on dogs are actually cat fleas.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2