Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
is it a fairly straight road with good visabilty,,
Yes, once he gets round a very large bend, it's relatively straight, BUT, so, so busy Shona! He would be terrified as you can well imagine. Then again, if he turned off left, he's straight back up onto the Downs again, so we can always hope that's what he did!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I fear the worst now....... police and ambulance have just gone careering down there!!! They took their time didn't they!!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, once he gets round a very large bend, it's relatively straight, BUT, so, so busy Shona! He would be terrified as you can well imagine. Then again, if he turned off left, he's straight back up onto the Downs again, so we can always hope that's what he did!
awe hope the poor animal is caught safe and sound,
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh dear - this does not sound good. Anything on your local radio H in the traffic reports?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Poor horse, hope fully they catch it before it injures itself or anyone else
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I fear the worst now....... police and ambulance have just gone careering down there!!! They took their time didn't they!!!!
Oh no - I hope it is just a precaution Is there anything on your local news H?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2008, 02:27 PM
I do hope the horse and rider are ok, similar thing happened to me many years ago, luckily someone managed to stop my horse before it hit the traffic in the town centre.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I wish I'd thought to ring my local Southern Counties Radio I've e-mailed them now asking if they had a news story and how I'd like to know if the horse is ok and that it didn't cause any accidents, so hopefully, they might get back to me.

All my mates are at work, so they didn't even know about this. I can't get out to go and check over at the stables or my local village shop (coz they know everything that goes on in this village!!) coz I can't leave Mum on her own. Grrrrr. I will call in the shop first thing tomorrow morning and see what happened.

The main road traffic went very, very quiet after I heard the police car and ambulance going down South, and that's not always a good sign is it.

There could be something on my local news tonight, but so far nothing on their website, but I'll keep looking.

I just wish I'd thought to get the local radio station up on the puter, coz I only listen to it when I'm out in the car I don't have a radio to hand at home, but I never thought of using the pc. DOH that's me!!!

I'll definitely find out what went on. It could have been one of Nick Gifford's horses from up the road, coz they sometimes have youngsters riding out for them who don't have a clue, but then again, they're usually on the gallops and that's all fenced in, but of course, they have to use the village to get to the gallops, so anything could have happened. It wasn't the type of horse you would see in the yard over the road quite honestly, it was more a thoroughbred type, which could point to the racing yard again, plus of course, they're like that, bit skittish, not the old plods that you get from across the road who wouldn't be capable of ditching their riders. I just hope all is well, but I'll definitely find out and confirm.
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Praying here that neither human or horse are hurt, how terible, my son was stopped at red traffic lights, when a run away horse collided into the driver side of his car,thankfully, neither horse nor my son were hurt, but the car was a write off. it was a big horse with a buggy attached to it, terrible experiance.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Only just catching up with stuff, just hope the poor horse is OK, as you were saying about the helicopter, I was thinking well that will scare it even more!!! Any more news?
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >