Female 

05-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Glad you heard from him and he is settling in xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Phew so pleased you have made contact at last.
I know what a worry it can be because my son often has to travel to India or China for his work and I can never rest until I hear he is safe.
Feet up, and relax
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Glad to hear he is OK and 2 bathrooms, oh my, he will be the cleanest of the clean. Lovely to hear he hasn't had to put his hand in his pocket as yet, long may it continue, the less he spends over there, the more there is for you
At least he will have had a bit of sleep and familiarisation unlike the rest of them, they will be certainly thrown in at the deep end and won't know what hit them or what day it is.
Hope all goes well on his first day
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Glad you heard from him and he is settling in xxxx
Thanks all hopefully he will be getting a good nights sleep now. He does sound more settled and also because he is there now till he leaves and then has to do everything in reverse.

It will be interesting in the next few days if he decides to go back in January. If you had asked me yesterday would of said a definite no today not so sure.
We shall see.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
he says he has spent no money yet as people keep buying him food and giving him lifts.
So glad he's settled in at the 'final destination' we often forget that in some countries it takes a days flying to get to the outer most parts.

And in my experience he won't be spending a lot as there's not much to spend it on, all helps at the end of the contract.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Aw, I am glad you have heard from him.
xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 05:29 PM
So glad he's checked in to reassure you Lynn, but 13 hours in the air is going to take its toll, let's hope he's able to concentrate after a good night's sleep tonight, and I hope you remembered to pack an alarm clock just in case, but then there's always the good old alarm call at the hotel???!

Now you can r-e-l-a-a-a-a-a-x honestm and enjoy this "me" time you've worked so hard for over the past few years.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
So glad he's settled in at the 'final destination' we often forget that in some countries it takes a days flying to get to the outer most parts.

And in my experience he won't be spending a lot as there's not much to spend it on, all helps at the end of the contract.
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aw, I am glad you have heard from him.
xxx
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So glad he's checked in to reassure you Lynn, but 13 hours in the air is going to take its toll, let's hope he's able to concentrate after a good night's sleep tonight, and I hope you remembered to pack an alarm clock just in case, but then there's always the good old alarm call at the hotel???!

Now you can r-e-l-a-a-a-a-a-x honestm and enjoy this "me" time you've worked so hard for over the past few years.
Thanks all it is reassuring to know he is safely where he is meant to be.
I think he will use the alarm on his phone Helena.
Totally agree Harvey the more they pay for the better.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Yes Lynn cuddle your big teddy bear of a dog and relax or you are going to worry yourself to a shadow and I am sure Gordon won't want that...

I guess working away is going to be quite an interesting and exciting experience for Gordon.
Now is the time for you to take advantage of your time alone to catch up on all those things you would like to do but never get around to ...
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Pleased to hear it has all worked out well for him in the end.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2