Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Do take care.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Saw something in the paper the other day that vibrating is the best thing as opposed to gym etc. I do a lot of walking with the girls and that is also supposed to be the best thing for a back injury. Not sure if the vibrating would help my back injury, probably not.
When I first contacted Medicover I was told that the premiums would not rise once the girls were 7 or over, I have that in an email. Of course then they changed the people who cover them, so it went by the by. Very annoying indeed, and I just hope it won't turn out that any of the girls will have to be pts due to the fact I can't afford treament that would give them a full recovery.
Had a lovely walk, the beginning wasn't brilliant, good job I didn't take Lona with Mabs and Zen but kept to the current grouping, as came round the side of the school were two VERY slow moving lumps of flesh with 2 papillons, who were well behaved didn't bark or anything, kept mine onlead,they never even noticed I was there until I came up behind them, then they decided my girls were GSD's and said Zen definitely was, after pointing out that Lona and Mabs were her Nana and Mummy, so Zen couldn't be a GSD, but to no avail,they were as thick as they were large. They decided against going the same way as us along the towpath and was then able to let everyone offlead. Took Cariad and Lona onto the field which although boggy was a bit less so with the frost. Lona chased aball round and enjoyed herself, Cariad isn't into that anymore but is quite happy trotting round sniffing everywhere. Gave everyone a good going over with the rake, handed out bones.Cleaning out was a doddle, and they've also had a carrot each,and all settling down for a sleep before tea. Meanwhile I have shopping to do of course, their tea to get ready
Watching the weather and now we have Hurricane Alex mixed with the jetstream to contend with
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 02:21 PM
I will be careful... i promise!!
I had heard that the vibraplates were good...i mean gyms wouldn't fork out thousands would they? mine obviously isn't that good but i really do appreciate the fact that my mum bought it for me. I doubt it would do your back much good TW, i know my mum can't use it as she has a knee replacement...well partial knee replacement. my old chest consultant was asking more about the vibration plates as he was interested and i just laughed and said it is supposed to shake your fat off, he turned round and says "working well then is it" Lol... to be fair i haven't been on it properly for months as my mum was at home and it is right in front of the tv...don't think she wants to see my fat ass wibbling Lol anyhoo, the horrible chest consultant just interrupted and says oh yes my wife saw that on tv and it is supposed to burn like a thousand calories in an hour...rubbish, well don't know what she saw but it wasn't a vibradisc, it makes no such claim and you would have to be really stupid to think that it would burn a thousand calories in a hour...reckon you would need to run about 15 miles to burn that Lol...he really is an eejit, the stuff he was coming out with yesterday was totally stupid.
I am pleased yu had a semi decent walk, it is hilarious when people know more about your dog than you..especially in your case as you bred them yourself...do you know what worries me most about some of these people?? the fact they have children..poor little things stand no chance
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Oh dear June you do meet some clever people when out They are always the same thought they know better than you so therefore you are wrong!

Take care Griff but enjoy ur new healthy order

Still dry out but oh so cold. About to warm up with a coffee.

Hope you are ok Moyra
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Its only bluddy well rained when I was out shopping,I mean what sort of weather forecasters have we got. BBC weather said dry all day and tomorrow and for the next week, now I am not holding them to next week, but you'd think they'd get today right Think it was a heavy shower and it was when I was in the shops,so it did pass over quick, it was a sort of light sleety rain beginning when I went out, OK I can live with that. Girls beds better not be wet, thats all
Got another bag of logs to make sure I'm OK for the week and tossed a couple on now and its blazing away already
I think it was the dry cold weather that brought the lumps out, certainly never seen them before and they had shiny wellies on and were walking round mud and puddles, I always thought wellies were to wear when walking THROUGH mud and puddles, but I'm obviously wrong on that one as well as whether the girls are GSD's. Probably New Years Resolution to walk their dogs more, well give them a week eh
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 04:51 PM
I do find that so annoying people thinking they know more about your dog breed than you do.
Ha ha re: wellies we must of been getting wrong all thee years June.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 05:05 PM
The best one happened to a friend of mine, she was out with her dogs, and a bloke accosted her talking about her 'GSD's' she attempted to correct him but he assured her she had been taken for a ride, he had had GSD's all his life and knew one when he saw one We giggled about the expert for a very long time indeed. I can understand why people get confused, but put one of mine alongside a GSD or a husky, or a malamute and the difference is very obvious.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Sue, I shall be ok, have just popped down the road for some Lem sips and some scotch so I am having a hot toddy. When I took Amber out a lovely young husky who played with Amber the other day decided today she didn't like her. I wondered if it was because I put the flea stuff on her this morning. Again her owner didn't seem to be able to handle her. I know she is a youngster but she ought to have been firmer with her otherwise as she gets older is going to have a problem on her hands.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Oh no Moyra, hope Amber wasn't too worried. Totally agree, address problem behaviour immediately especially if they are going to be difficult to handle
Hahaha, of course wellies aren't for going in puddles!!! They probably wear them for best at home lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Been doing a bit of research re: new insurance for Dillon.
Think I may of found a replacement. Same amount of cover lifetime policy and £0 cheaper a month.
His hips and elbows and distal rotation will be excluded but we can put that £10 away a month towards medication for when he needs it.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >