View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Bring up food should always be considered a possible problem, if it is immediately after eating and it is then re-eaten (sorry to those of you with sensitive stomachs) and is then retained there is probably not a problem. But any pup not eating for 12 hours or vomiting and/or having loose and frequent stools should see the vet as dehydration is a likely problem. Add to that the possibility that the pup may have eaten something that has blocked or damaged it’s digestive tract.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

24-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Yep agree T but not only pups either, my Glen got dehydrated as an adult after he swallowed a sock

I`d say its usually 1 of 3 things, a bug, eaten something they shouldn`t or change of food. And 9 out of 10 times it happens evenings/w/ends/bank holidays
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Yes C, it does apply to adults too, no dogs should be allowed more than 2 chuck ups on consecutive meals without it ringing alarm bells but adults do not dehydrate as easily as pups and can tolerate it easier. However dehydration is a serious matter in all living things and must never be ignored for more that 24hours.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 03:46 PM
could be teething, Hector did the same and I had to get teething powders to help
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Hello guys just back from vet's and he reckons it's because of him teething.

He has given us some probiotics and also a couple of homeopathic remedies to ease the problems teething brings.

We are just about to try Ziggy with a bit of cod and rice as he seems quite hungry

thanks for the support
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

24-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Its surprising as well how quick it happens T. We knew Glen had swollowed the damn sock so vet said wait & see. He was right as rain eating/drinking normal till about 4 dys later in the evening, about 10/11pm & he was sick, then he had a drink, while later that came back, this continued for awhile. Vet said take the water away & wait & see if he gets the sock out, this was bout 1am ish. I ended up taking him the clinic 6am ish & he had started to dehydrate, he couldn`t get the sock out it was stuck. So it didn`t take long for him to go down, maybe 8hrs was all
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 04:11 PM
OMG poor Glen

I'm not worried about Ziggy dehydrating though as he is drinking normally - he has also just had a bit of camomile tea as the vet recommended it for teething troubles.

Poor pup is teething early and the sides of his face look a bit swollen Vet said it's the molars coming down

Looks like we are in for a tough few weeks while the teething is over
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Bless his little heart. At least you've been to the vet so that will ease your mind for anything more serious. Cassie sends her love.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh no poor Ziggy

At least he is now in a nice home to go through this

I hope the next few weeks go quickly and that he feels better.

Hugs for Ziggy!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 04:39 PM
thanks wufflehoond and brandie

He seems ok they are having a little play in the garden and Ziggy has so far kept the fish and rice down Fingers crossed but he is a hardy little thing and should be ok
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >