View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 12:28 PM
It is to make them look pretty for shows----plain and simple.

No it isn't cruel-----just as silly as the T and T kids having their brows shaved/waxed. So many similarities between that and dog showing!

rune
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
That's fine, you are entitled to think its silly, but lets not go over the top, with the cruelty and disability remarks....(not all from you) shall we.

You would not do it, fine, your choice, but from those of us who have or do, we can tell you first hand, threr is NO difference to the dogs responding to any activity he may do.

It does not itch, it does not hurt, it does not stop them from going through bracken , sniffing out food water of giving you a kiss....

Its not a point of me saying one is OK and the other isnt
as you saw in my post a while back I dont really like the fact that we have bred dogs to the point that they need to have their faces shaved for hygene reasons, but those dogs need that done
I still totaly fail to understand the reason to do it on smooth coated dogs at all, to say it gives a 'cleaner' look then why are some breeds not trimmed - wouldnt they look unclean?
Also isnt it then possibly hiding problems? the dogs whiskers could be growing in malformed or the wrong length and over generations that could mean problems in the future

I know you and many others are not going to agree with me but because dogs cannot tell me and because they can hide all sorts of issues without showing any change in their behaviour I just cannot take it as read that they have no issues with it because they dont show it

- and as for having it both ways - everyone will have their own oppinions but mine is that I dont agree with tail cropping, ear cropping, ear gluing, dew claw removal, excessive grooming, debarking or anything like that, I would much prefer breeds to be able to be more natural and if they cant be then we should look at the breeding

That is not against the show world - as there are working dogs, sport dogs and pet dogs who have some of these things done as well

It is jmo I know people dont agree with it, and that is up to you all
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post

No it isn't cruel-----just as silly as the T and T kids having their brows shaved/waxed. So many similarities between that and dog showing!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Missed you!

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Missed you!

rune
Ive been here all along, just browsing.

Had a few things on.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Well Asbo's just going to get stuck then - nature must have intended him too
wish someone would tell him to get stuck somewhere may give me some peace
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 04:51 PM

rune
can you tell me how its to make them look pretty for shows, when asbo doesnt even grow proper whiskers?
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 04:53 PM

rune
So What is your answer to doodle owners taking their pets to groomers then. Do you think groomers clip/ cut/ shave around whiskers lol
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
So What is your answer to doodle owners taking their pets to groomers then. Do you think groomers clip/ cut/ shave around whiskers lol
crestnut do your cresteds get proper whiskers? asbo doesnt grow proper ones, even if i leave him unlcipped, his whiskers only ever grow to the length of the face hair which barely reaches a centimetre if that. in fact ive never seen a hairless with long whiskers....
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
crestnut do your cresteds get proper whiskers? asbo doesnt grow proper ones, even if i leave him unlcipped, his whiskers only ever grow to the length of the face hair which barely reaches a centimetre if that. in fact ive never seen a hairless with long whiskers....
Some of mine have them and some do not Clo
Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 >