Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Sorry I must just ask, what's with all the ''*''s when you post? Am I missing something?
I second that!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
What makes you think cats are dumb?
opportunistic n chancers

i said 'silly' in my post..is that ok?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:50 PM
See my other post re the terrier that killed a cat
I have read it, see my subsequent posts re cats being classed as wild animals !!!! and i reiterate: how was the dog not under control when it was in its own garden ??

IMO if cat owners take no responsibility because "they can't control where the cat goes" then they need to think about the possible consequences and not put all the responsiblity onto the dog owner in whose garden the cat was killed.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Nope---you said they knew their own cats as well.

rune
Yes they do, and considering my Vats dont go off my property, Id have thought you would realise just how logical it is.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
No offense to anyone would agree with the above. Cats so far as know are not classed as domesticated animals n if they take their chance coming into our garden then good luck to them(would never wish harm on them though or any animal). Instability within any social group can always cause friction, n how that group deals with or reacts to such is not for anyone to judge unless has true understanding, which don't think anyone can ever really have. Unpredictable happen in all walks of life, sometimes is just beyond folks control no matter how much they care and try to do right thing.
Im afraid you are a. bit off - see below
e*cat*(Felis catus), also known as the*domestic cat*or*housecat[5]*to distinguish it from otherfelines*and*felids, is a small furry*domesticatedcarnivorous*mammal*that is valued by humans for its companionship and for its ability to hunt*verminand household pests. Cats have been associated with humans for at least 9,500 years,[6]*and are currently the most popular pet in the world.[7]Owing to their close association with humans, cats are now found almost everywhere on Earth
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Perhaps you could explain what was meant by

"When i showed & my dogs were entire i had two males who fought. They would put each other "down" on their backs but thats as far as it went. It was always the same one that started it."

please.

rune
I read fought and then with the next and rest of the post realised really quite easily what she meant, give it a go.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
if my dogs killed a cat that was silly enough to come into my garden..i would be devastated for the owner and the cat...i would not think my dogs are dangerous or have the taste of blood..or from that think they would kill a dog!.

on the subject of dogs.. in my experience they do not attack sick animals either,.
dogs do have a problem with 'instability ' though and fits fall into this category imo.
Layla, its a CAT, they really dont do being "silly enough" they just roam around as cats do.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Sorry I must just ask, what's with all the ''*''s when you post? Am I missing something?
Im on the iPhone, typing with one finger & being a (fast) typist i tend to fly over the keys & have to go back in & edit all the time

I downloaded a handy wee App from Apple which is similar to Offices Word where i can type a letter or similar on tbe iPhone. For some reason when i copy & paste from the App onto the forum i occassionally get the odd asterix. However its better than editing on the forum as i can read what i type before i copy & paste
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Thank you for being honest & i respect you for being so considerate towards the cats owner. Im sure they appreciated it.

With regard *to it not being taken seriously. Any pet animal that attacks another irrespective of where it is or whose property its on, is considered an offence
There was the case of a Bullterrier kept outside while the owners were at work. The dog attacked & killed a domestic cat. Neighbours saw the dog dragging the body round the garden & reported it to relevant authorities.*

As it turned out the cat was a stray - owners left it behind when they moved & neighbours had been feeding it. As there was no owner it was decided no further action would be taken.*

The dog owner was visited and informed they had to keep the dog under control at all times.
Not what i've been told !
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Im afraid you are a. bit off - see below
e*cat*(Felis catus), also known as the*domestic cat*or*housecat[5]*to distinguish it from otherfelines*and*felids, is a small furry*domesticatedcarnivorous*mammal*that is valued by humans for its companionship and for its ability to hunt*verminand household pests. Cats have been associated with humans for at least 9,500 years,[6]*and are currently the most popular pet in the world.[7]Owing to their close association with humans, cats are now found almost everywhere on Earth
I think this was meant in terms of the law !
Page 19 of 56 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »