View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I digress from original title and I shall start a new thread shortly........

back to subject

The comment about the homeless getting housing so easily is laughable,do some people think other people actually like living in a box.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2010, 06:11 PM
My dad had the unions fight for him when he lost his hearing and suffered from tinitus due too his job no health and safety in his day without a union behind him he would not of been acknowledged that he needed some help and due some sort of compensation only small amount but none the less it did cause him a disability.

My dad was born in 1918 and fought in the 2nd world war he felt unions were the best thing since sliced bread they gave the working man a voice and stopped the doffing of cap nonsense to the gentry.

Maggie did a lot of damage she might of given people the chance to buy their council house we bought ours and had two small children so would always of lived there if the area hadn't gone down hill with a building site next door and made our lives a misery. We did have to think carefully about buying it for the reasons of were we taking something from someone but most people were under the impression she would use the money to rebuild homes like everything else politicians say she soon back tracked on that one.

She was like marmite you loved her or hated her we hated her but we like marmite.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 06:20 PM
It's ''Developing Countries'', not ''3rd world''.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 06:23 PM
The Unions were fighting for better working conditions not to end an industry?

Well said Lynn.
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 16 17 18 19