Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
...and to think '''some'' people were mocking me for wanting to spend £34 on some special hand made bowls for my first ever dog's first birthday!!

By 'some' I take it you mean me,the have the guts to say so. Did I mock you? I think not! I said "I am poor and £34 to me, is a lot of money. Take it as it was not what you perceived it to be
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I don't quite see why you are taking Esme's comments personally, Elaine - they weren't aimed specifically at you.....

I didn't take them personally vicki, I dont have a pp or a 4x4, as much as I would love them, I admire people who live their lives to the full. I was just stating that some would take offense to being called mutton, that's all, I tried to turn it into a joke, but once again people turn it around and twist my words.

Elaine xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 05:52 PM
If I got one it would have to have weim in it in some degree (perhaps using numbers, all the ones I have looked for are gone for now so would have to wait anyway), but even then, most people wouldn't even know what the hell it meant so I don't understand how that would be boosting my ego or whatever else has been said. It would be personal to me and perhaps a few other doggy people would get it, but it would be primarily to personalise my car and if I could have the ones I wanted, it would mean something that is special to me and if I had the choice to dedicate my ruddy car numberplate to the breed of dog I adore, rather than having a boring old jumble of numbers that didn't mean anything to me, I would and will do. It's for me, not for anyone else, same reason I have a painting of a weimaraner and a rottweiler in my hall and bedroom which I bought from crufts, same reason I have a weimaraner keyring and pen, e.t.c, nowt else. Jeezo!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
By 'some' I take it you mean me,the have the guts to say so. Did I mock you? I think not! I said "I am poor and £34 to me, is a lot of money. Take it as it was not what you perceived it to be
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I didn't take them personally vicki, I dont have a pp or a 4x4, as much as I would love them, I admire people who live their lives to the full. I was just stating that some would take offense to being called mutton, that's all, I tried to turn it into a joke, but once again people turn it around and twist my words.

Elaine xx
Elaine, I'm not going to have a go at you because that's not my style but I do think sometimes you come across as if you are deliberately busting for a fight on here. Not sure why but you do jump on bandwagons that aren't necc' yours to jump on. By your own admission you don't even have a 4x4 etc and yet you took offence at my sweeping mutton generalisation even though it was aimed at no one on here.

Just an observation but there are stereotypes all over the world. If we went around taking offence to all of them we would live a pretty fraught existence. Take it all on the chin as the light hearted humour it's meant to be.

As for the bowl thing, I'm sorry but I thought your comment came out as deliberately pissing on my parade. I think those bowls are great and I'm really excited about them as a first birthday pressie for my little chap. I wasn't asking what people thought, I was asking what wording to use and yet you came bounding in saying ''too bling for my liking and there is no way I would pay £34 for dog bowls''. I don't think I was wrong in thinking that was a little unnecessary.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Ding Ding...back on track everyone

We have placed a bid on the Set one on Ebay .....and, guess what????....

Clive has only gone and placed a bid on one for himself that spells fart!! (F4RT U) Very, very appropriate...I hope he wins it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

Clive has only gone and placed a bid on one for himself that spells fart!! (F4RT U) Very, very appropriate...I hope he wins it
Lol
I don't want to put a dampener on things but just recently there was a crack down on PP in our area. Owners of vehicles with number plates that didn't have the correct spacing were breaking the law and summonsed.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post

He's not serious????? OMG!! Hahahahahaah.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol
I don't want to put a dampener on things but just recently there was a crack down on PP in our area. Owners of vehicles with number plates that didn't have the correct spacing were breaking the law and summonsed.
Yes, thats what Clive was saying to me, at least if I get the SET one it can stay as it is as the last three letters are the most important to me and not be in trouble with the cops or anyone else Clive's on the other hand, (if he wins it)...well, what can I say?..he is still giggling his head off about it...just imagine his face if he gets pulled up about it
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
He's not serious????? OMG!! Hahahahahaah.
Yep, thats my Clive for you, always the joker, and considering he didn't want one!! I just hope he wins it because his son Daniel will be so proud of him
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Now you have finally won him round I hope he gets it too.
Sounds hilarious
Page 19 of 35 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »