View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi, Oscar protects me. When my BF goes to work Oscar sits infront of me so my BF can't give me a kiss, there's no growling or anything and we find this funny as Oscar is a Chihuahua!!!
Though when walking him he does not like anybody he does not know to come and stroke him, he's not keen on the vet either. Anybody can come into the house and he's fine with them. They say Chi's like to protect people so he probably thinks he's doing his job lol.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Would your dogs attack without command if you were not in the postion to tell them too but needed help?

AFAIK yes under the simulated exercises we have done, let us hope we never have to find out!

I do not want my dogs making risk assessments and going self employed unless there is no other option,.
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:27 AM
I'd like to think that Seth would stand his ground for me but he hates raised voices let alone violence so would probably take the flight option, which I would rather he did as I would rather be hurt than him.

When Banjo was around, he was my protector, he was so attuned to me that if he didn't like someone he'd be close by me and just the sheer size of him was intimidating enough for people to keep away & with him I felt very safe ... I miss my big lad in so many ways
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 09:24 AM
But you see whether a dog likes a person or not is irrelevant, I make the decisions, not him! ;~)
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
But you see whether a dog likes a person or not is irrelevant, I make the decisions, not him! ;~)
In 9 years my boy never once failed me about a dodgy person and I would think he's probably thinking you fall in the category that he'd steer me well clear of.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Does he tell you when someone has fallen down the well?
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Does he tell you when someone has fallen down the well?
MY DOG IS DEAD AND YOU ARE VERY DISRESPECTFUL

Reading through your threads & posts I think you need to think about how you come across when you post on such a friendly forum as this as you are very opinionated and do come across as a know it all amongst other things etc etc etc and very disrespectful of other peoples feelings and opinions
DippyLeo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 01:53 PM
You clearly don't have a bond with your dogs .... I pity you

Please don't ever comment on my posts or threads ever again
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I see the gift of second sight is not restricted to your dog, you also have it?!

I am glad you can see that I do not have a bond with my dog, fortunately both my dogs and many hundreds of others both in the UK and abroad think exactly the opposite.

But, I will let them know how wrong they are.........

No need for pity, save that for yourself, neither I nor my dogs are in need of your misplaced emotion.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Time out please ladies. Let's try and remain amicable, and get our points across without hurting each other.
Page 19 of 19 « First < 9 16 17 18 19