18-03-2011, 12:48 PM
how about tinned tuna or sardines?
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by kirsty1978 View Post
how about tinned tuna or sardines?
Thanks ,i just tried her with some sardines but still nothing ,she wouldnt even sniff them .
I gonna keep trying with different things
but i feel so useless at the moment
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh what a nightmare this has now become for you both, I'm so sorry to be reading these sad updates Has he given you Rimadyl's for the pain now then, in which case it is imperative that she has something to eat first, so good luck with that.

I really can't think what to suggest, you seem to have done it all with the food. What about some warm porridge if she can have oats, coz I can't remember, Iknow she can have rice, what about just some plain well cooked rice, maybe cook it in beef stock?

I gather you're not insured, otherwise I'd suggest letting them keep her in, it'd take the strain off you and she'd be in the best care and they might tempt her to eat something?

I'm really running out of ideas here, so have a hug instead, I'm sure you must need one.xxxxx
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Thankyou so much yeah a hug really helps
her pain meds are zubrin her tummy is too sensitive for metacam ,rimadyl ,and onsior.
but she still needs to eat though before she can have the pain meds .
I going to keep trying with alsorts and just hope i can get her eating .
No she isnt insured and today alone with the meds and the new food its cost about £120,thats without all the other tests she had .
at the moment it feels impossible ,but we keep struggling on .
Thankyou soo much everyone
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 06:29 PM
quick update
still no luck ,still not eating ,tried her with some fish ,sardines and even some turkey ,
going to try some honey with a few other things ,i got to try and get her eating ,thankyou everyone .
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
quick update
still no luck ,still not eating ,tried her with some fish ,sardines and even some turkey ,
going to try some honey with a few other things ,i got to try and get her eating ,thankyou everyone .
Spotty, I have just remembered that when my Hal was so sick when he was a puppy and wouldn't eat anything, I kept him alive on Enervite. It is in a tube, and you can buy it from good pet shops, Pet City, Pets at Home etc. etc. It is a complete food. We used to call it Hal's Sticky Toffee Pudding, because that's what it is the colour of when it is squeezed out of the tube. It would count as food, but even more important than that, it helps to stimulate their gastric juices so that they want to eat something really tempting like sardines or liver.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Gnasher thankyou sooo much , i going to phone around a few places now see if i can get hold of some of that .
I am soo desperate now to try and get her eating so she can have her meds ,i going to try anything , thankyou
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2011, 09:19 AM
lady is worse this morning ,she really has a runny nose and all she is doing is lying down i am taking her to vets with tanya this morning ,so fingers crossed she is going to be okay
SallyG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh dear, hope she is ok.

Enervite is fantastic stuff, but I dont think it is available in the UK anymore. The other one you could try is Nourish-um. Or ask your vet for a tin of the Hills food they give to convalescing dogs.

http://www.hillspet.com/products/pd-...re-canned.html
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 05:24 PM
How did you get on at the vets?
Page 19 of 29 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »