Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I said---'more or less certain' I have no idea of any stats---I just know I personally can't watch a 'possible' blood bath.

I gather two died this year----that---for me----is not OK.

I am aware that many horses. dogs etc die in freak accidents every year. The Grand National is not a freak accident----it is an accident waiting to happen.

If thats OK with anyone then thats fine----it isn't OK with me.

rune
Oh I thought you said:

I won't watch it any more---I used to but then I opened my eyes and realised that at least one horse that lines up at the start each year is not going to make it and is going to end up dead.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Apparently
''• Around 375 horses die on racecourses in Britain each year''.

Dunno about the nationals alone but, then its not just the nationals race horses compete at.
Thousands die in fields, get cast in boxes, left unattended and die in prolonged agony. Get stuck in fences, ripped to shreds etc.. nobody finding them for hours and hours on end, is that acceptable to you because they are not racing?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
My point is, many people who cause a fuss over animal issues, are quite happy to have them killed for their benefit. I am glad to hear you are not one of them.
Wonder how many will refuse life saving treatment because animals were experimented on to get the treatment correct and the drugs?

Wonder how many of them will not reach for a headache pill, or visit the doctors when they are ill in case they are prescribed drugs that were tested on animals?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:26 PM
I think that obviously different people have different standards.

As I said for me it is not acceptable that horses should die for 'sport'. For others it is acceptable.

Of course accidents happen to all animals, that is not in question. I find it sticks in my gullet that they should die while people cheer and enjoy watching----it smacks of gladitorial contests.

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thousands die in fields, get cast in boxes, left unattended and die in prolonged agony. Get stuck in fences, ripped to shreds etc.. nobody finding them for hours and hours on end, is that acceptable to you because they are not racing?
Of course thats not acceptable..I am shocked that you would even need to ask that Dawn.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Of course thats not acceptable..I am shocked that you would even need to ask that Dawn.
So whats your answer, should we stop owning horses in case they have accidents and die or get injured.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:32 PM
There you go then, who is wrong? The owner who "uses" their Horse for their entertainment, riding it when they choose, making it stay alone in a field and left unattended when its been ripped to bits, broke its leg or something else, suffering until its found, or the one that has impeccable treatment and the best of everything, falls, injures itself and is treated immediately without hesitation?
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Only Spot has had the decency to answer my post.

I presume you all are animal murderers then?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh I thought you said:

You smack of stalker when you do stuff like that.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So whats your answer, should we stop owning horses in case they have accidents and die or get injured.
Life is all about risks and as humans we have a responsibility to take care of our animals and reduce those risks. Running a horse for sport/money will NEVER have the horses best interests at heart. Only humans benefit from that, the horses, 374 a year, lose.

Fact.
Page 19 of 52 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 > Last »