View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-02-2011, 10:27 PM
I do not swear off reward based, I just use it with a mix of aversives.

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
That is not changing my behaviour Adam, if it did I wouldnt sit in a chair, or goout in the sunlight etc.

Are you really that nieve?

Now if sat down and got a shock everytime, yes I would stop sitting down. If everytime I went out in he sun I started to burn like a vampire, I wouldnt go out in the sun.

Are you seeing the difference?

Discomfort does not change a behaviour especially one you get a lot of reward out of, pain does!
Discomfort causes you to change the position you sit in the chair or the dilation of your pupils, it doesn't ruin your day.

Adam
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
Discomfort causes you to change the position you sit in the chair or the dilation of your pupils, it doesn't ruin your day.

Adam
I'm flabbergasted - really, I am.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I think I have a lot more respect for dogs than people who condemn them to a life of restriction or euthanise them when they don't respond to their training techniques.

Adam
I think you are dillusional and so brainwashed by the rhetoric that you now actually believe it. It would be sad if only you were affected, but, unfortunately, you affect other beings as well as yourself
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:32 PM

Adam
...but not with everyone

Oh..and btw....even if we were falling for it...Pupil dilation does not count - that is a reflex...no conscious control.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
...but not with everyone

Oh..and btw....even if we were falling for it...Pupil dilation does not count - that is a reflex...no conscious control.
Everyone will be effected by discomfort, like dogs they will have different sensitivity levels, this is why certain dog train tools are designed with adjustable levels.

Adam
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Adam would you ever hit or kick your dogs, or other peoples dogs, genuine question.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Everyone will be effected by discomfort, like dogs they will have different sensitivity levels, this is why certain dog train tools are designed with adjustable levels.

Adam
What - like prong collars? Please explain to me how these have adjustable levels.

and yes...everyone is affected by discomfort.....your mistake seems to be thinking that everyone will react to it the same way you do.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:36 PM

Adam
What would ruin your day (and more) would be having to sit in one particular position, not moving and having discomfort inflicted on you by someone you thought loved you (and who you trusted) every time you moved position simply because that person wanted you to stay in that position.

What would brighten your day would be the person you loved and trusted giving you a hug, encouragement, a bar of chocolate, a hundred quid (whatever turns you on) for staying there
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 10:37 PM

Adam

Did you read my post, discomfort does not change behaviour.

It may make me move position but it does not stop me sitting in chair.

Now are you just going to repeat what you are saying again and maybe change the words about or are you going to read this time?
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 71 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 68 > Last »