Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Shona, if this were a springer we would take, unfortuantely none of us have any experience of dobermans
That's what I was getting at. I do believe he could be re-homed but it would take a full and proper assessment from breed rescue experts to be sure.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
the sad part is,

even if someone from rescue did take that dog on, assess him and felt that he was ok,
they would still have a duty to tell any owner what had happend,
lets be honest, they would most likely take the dog in the next kennel that did not have such a history,
homes for dogs that have bitten are few and far between sadly.
And that is sadly the truth of it..
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Shona, if this were a springer we would take, unfortuantely none of us have any experience of dobermans
If this was a crested, Italian spinone or any other breed we have ever owned and understand to a certain level i wouldnt think twice about it! we are quite far from preston if it were suggested..But if some one was willing to take him, im sure we could all get the dog transported?...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
If the circumstances were right, would you take him?
IF and ONLY IF I were going to keep it myself, I couldnt hand on heart hand a dog thats bitten A} a child B} in the face to anyone, I would be sh*tting myself constantly of what could happen. It would turn me grey haired.

I would not be able to live with myself if it went on to harm another child.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Your own words.. in your opinion the dog did not attack , because the child only had a scratch to his face!!
Nope your wrong, i said it wasnt an evil attack, and if you read after that where i explained myself more after being asked to i said, it wasnt a highly 'serious' attack..but an attack all the same!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 08:54 PM
how would that work with re-homing? it would be a bit of a nightmare I would imagine.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
That's what I was getting at. I do believe he could be re-homed but it would take a full and proper assessment from breed rescue experts to be sure.
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Nope your wrong, i said it wasnt an evil attack, and if you read after that where i explained myself more after being asked to i said, it wasnt a highly 'serious' attack..but an attack all the same!
what would you have classed a serious attack then, the child's face beign ripped off.

You dont class a dog that goes for a baby and bits his face, the adult then has trouble pulling the dog off, the dog trying to break away from the adult to get back at the child.

YOU DONT CLASS THAT AS SERIOUS
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
how would that work with re-homing? it would be a bit of a nightmare I would imagine.
Home with no kids or visiting kids, like i said my minx would bite any kid that came near her, she hates them, bad hips and a home previous to me that had two toddlers that pulled her about.

How do i do it, if we pass kids out and about i put her on her lead, and if we are at events and stuff she is away where she can't come to any harm, if they are all on lead i just tell people not to approach her.

For me this boy has shown no aggresion in the year he has been out of the RSPCA till this incident, that would indicate to me that something has happened to set him off, i'm not doubting for one minute what the OP has said, but i do believe that this lad deserves a chance, it maybe that if he is out of this situation with somone that undestands dogs that he won't do it again.

As i said earlier i have no problem with PTS an aggressive dog, but only when i personally have the facts
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 09:02 PM
If it was a serious attack then i have no doubt the childs face would have been ripped off..I have said that how many times now?? I dont know but am bored of repeating myself lol..of course all attacks are just that attacks and there all different levels of seriousness..To me this isnt just luck that the child got off with a scratch because the owner was there, if the dog wanted to 'finish' the child off it would have! Anyways my opinions wont change, yours wont and me and you sat here repeating ours selves over and over for the second night will not do any good for the dog..or owner.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23
Why do you need experience of Dobes, surely a dog that has bitten and may have issues that are deep set due to pain / trauma / treatment.. is a dog is a dog ..if you have experience of dealing with such traumatized dogs, does it matter the breed..
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 47 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »