View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I could only afford my 4 x 4 when I was in my 40's I'd wanted one for about 20 years though, if anyone thought I was too old to drive it tough, I wish i'd been able to afford one earlier.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I could only afford my 4 x 4 when I was in my 40's I'd wanted one for about 20 years though, if anyone thought I was too old to drive it tough, I wish i'd been able to afford one earlier.
I`ve had 4 of them, , and will still have them when I go into my 60`s

You are never to old, never have enough bling, never to blonde,
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2009, 02:06 PM
I agree I don't think things are restricted to you because of your age! I would love another one, and never say never!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Found a few PAW ones for £299...hmmmm when do I get paid next???

ANd more PAW ones for £154 if you have initials that are A, B, C, D!
Damnit, i'm a H!
lol
£154 isnt bad......wouldn't care about the rest of the number plate to be honest!

Anyone wanna buy me a present??
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I think some things are restricted by age, like when you see a forty something in a mini skirt. That always appears a little sad to me........................even if they have nice legs, you just have to look at the boat race and ooooooh,

And actually, this thread has got me thinking about private plates. I'm actually thinking I might like one if it was Chi related, so then I'd be forty something, wearing my bling, driving my 4 x 4 with private Chi related plates Hey, I could be top of the Mutton Club with that lot

DISCLAIMER - I'm not bitching, just having a laugh, honest
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-06-2009, 02:53 PM
many PP's start at £150
... my 17 year old car is probably worth less that that
Have I ...No
Would I ...No, I am content if the wheels go round and I can get from A to B, special number plates are not something I would ever consider.
I think I am past being mutton too, more 'rapidly heading for the knackers yard' a bit like my car really
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Agree, would they be as judgemental if you said I have just spent 800 on a puppy.. ofcause they would not.

Yet most PP `s cost around 150 to 500... (not going into the top bracket)

Azz, not sure if you posted what you did, through boredom and just wish to get a rise out of some members...or what
Or he could be expressing his personal opinion and ''some'' are taking it too personally. Just a thought.

By the way, I think it's highly amusing that I myself actually pass 2.5 of the 5 ''mutton'' categories (blonde highlights, some make up and a shiny, black 4x4) so that makes me shoulder too! I'd be offended by my own comments but I'm too easy going for that.

To those that have a PP and take offence to Azz's suggestion that it's a flash thing, why did you get one then? Just curious, genuinely.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Agree, would they be as judgemental if you said I have just spent 800 on a puppy.. ofcause they would not.

Yet most PP `s cost around 150 to 500... (not going into the top bracket)

Azz, not sure if you posted what you did, through boredom and just wish to get a rise out of some members...or what
Yes i would - its a ridiculous amount of money but each to their own, all i said was that i personally have no interest in PP's. Depends what your priorities are and how much disposible income you have - i haven't got enough to fritter away on PP's or an £800 puppy either. Its not sour grapes either coz even if i had the cash i still wouldn't buy either.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:51 PM
...and to think '''some'' people were mocking me for wanting to spend £34 on some special hand made bowls for my first ever dog's first birthday!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I agree I don't think things are restricted to you because of your age! I would love another one, and never say never!
With all due respect nobody said they were!
Page 18 of 35 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »