Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Do ya think???

They left LIVE ammunition in a home they were conducting a search in which was later found by the families daughter

They addressed him as a ''nutter'' live on TV which could have had devastating consequences concerning people living in the area he was found in, considering they thought him to be dangerous what a STUPID, STUPID thing to do. It's of course exactly what he needed to hear wasn't it, after their pleas to him they could be trusted and he should hand himself in, Jesus, talk about putting your foot in it.
Yes I do, regardless of the above, the good job resulted in the suspect is no longer a danger to the public, thats all that counts at the end of the day.

So in that , yes I very much think a job was well dont!!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I`m sorry, but thats shear speculation on your part.

Any one that commits murder has to be mentally ill I would say so he had to be mentally ill to have beat his child/g/friend up, unstable at that time if not acutely mentally ill he had to be mentally ill to mastermind his crime from inside prison. I do not know whether he masterminded his crime/s from inside prison. I believe it was reported that he had said things and made threats

He had people helping him from inside and outside prison, why did they not detect his illness, why did they not give him up to the police, because he will ill He may not have appeared ill in prison (if he did I would question why he was let out)

I agree his state of mind as the week progressed my have become more unstable, butI dont beleive he was mentally ill when he killed that police officer, (while being driven by accomplices,looking for one to kill, maybe they where mentally ill too)I don't know if he said to any friend "you drive me I am going to look for a cop to kill" we don't know what went on to be honest whether he was mentally ill or not, it does not make any difference to the bullets he fires from his gun, or to the people he has killed, [I agree[/I] he made his choice not to be taken by the police, and thats all that matters. one one else is dead, thank goodness

My god can you imagine the outcry if he had gone on the rampage and killed some of those police, and any more members of the public, it seems the police are dammed no matter the outcome.
I think that this was what the police were concerned about - they had to avoid a repeat of what happened in Cumbria I am not damning the police - where did I say that - far from it - it must have been a very difficult and dangerous situation to deal with. At the end of the day the police have to do the the best job they can and make calculated decisions based around whatever situation they are in at any given time

If any of the police involved happen to read this........WELL DONE!!!!
I think there has been much speculative comment on this thread.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yes I do, regardless of the above, the good job resulted in the suspect is no longer a danger to the public, thats all that counts at the end of the day.

So in that , yes I very much think a job was well dont!!
Well thats where I disagree, it was a mess from start to finish and I hope everyone involved learns from the mistakes and errors made. I think I've covered all I wanted to, so will leave everything there - it's been a good debate though

I think I've stood as much as I can stand talking, chatting, debating about the whole sorry affair it's dominated the news for long enough now and those involved should be allowed to pick up the pieces of their lives, be allowed to grieve for the ones lost and be allowed to try and move on in private

Lets talk about Afghanistan and the fact that everyday one of our boys comes home in a bodybag, what a complete waste of life, yet most of this don't even make the front page, or news headlines
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Do ya think???

They left LIVE ammunition in a home they were conducting a search in which was later found by the families daughter

They addressed him as a ''nutter'' live on TV which could have had devastating consequences concerning people living in the area he was found in, considering they thought him to be dangerous what a STUPID, STUPID thing to do. It's of course exactly what he needed to hear wasn't it, after their pleas to him they could be trusted and he should hand himself in, Jesus, talk about putting your foot in it.

Not to mention a police that got wrote off WITH dogs in it whilst wreaklessly racing to get to the scene when there were already enough police officers there by that time...laughable and totally out of order considering public presence that had gathered by that time.
And police officers are HUMAN! I don't think any of us can even imagine the stress that the police were under during this incident. The pressure to catch Moat, the pressure from their bosses, the media and from the public. They also had to contend with the fact that Moat had threatened to kill any police officer he came across, so they had that stress to contend with too.

Okay, the police are trained to deal with such situations - however, training and real life are very different things and I believe, honestly and truly, that they did their best and actually did a good job in the circumstances.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
I think there has been much speculative comment on this thread.
Your right there, some amazing diagnosis on his mental health being given here
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
whys he different to any other murderer though, that us taxpayers have to fund?
Does Moat being dead bring them back then? or make it better? Yes they did get a life sentence for what the vile man done, Thats why he should have got a life sentence, lived with what he had done, explained him self and had justice brought to him.. not be the coward he was and end his life.
He isnt different, if I had my way, the death penalty for absolute proof of murder would be in effect. Why should people like that eat up resources and be guaranteed food, health care and warmth and safety, when others have to suffer? Those that have never done a days wrong in their lives.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
He isnt different, if I had my way, the death penalty for absolute proof of murder would be in effect. Why should people like that eat up resources and be guaranteed food, health care and warmth and safety, when others have to suffer? Those that have never done a days wrong in their lives.
They shouldnt. But imo death isnt the answer.. Im not a liker of death, who ever the person is!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 09:30 PM
They shouldnt. But imo death isnt the answer.. Im not a liker of death, who ever the person is!
Well I know my tax wont be paying for him to live without want for the rest of his life. I may sound harsh, but I do mean it, cant understand why anybody could defend such actions and think he deserved any sympathy.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well I know my tax wont be paying for him to live without want for the rest of his life. I may sound harsh, but I do mean it, cant understand why anybody could defend such actions and think he deserved any sympathy.
I have'nt defended him, he hasnt done one thing that I can see that he should be proud of. He was vile.
Nor am I giving him sympathy, my sympathy goes to them familes and lives the monster wrecked, that have to now live with this for the rest of their lives, no questions answered, no justice brought!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 09:47 PM
I have'nt defended him, he hasnt done one thing that I can see that he should be proud of. He was vile.
Nor am I giving him sympathy, my sympathy goes to them familes and lives the monster wrecked, that have to now live with this for the rest of their lives, no questions answered, no justice brought!
Page 18 of 23 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »