View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
red collar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Are there any figures for the rise in attacks by PB or PB-types, say over the last 50 years?

We are certainly hearing more about attacks, but do we know for sure that there are more attacks happening?

50 years ago we would have barely heard about a fatal attack in the next village. The radio would not have reported it, nor the national newspapers, although maybe the local newspaper would have carried the story. Now we can all gasp and shudder to hear of cases thousands of miles away courtesy of the internet, tabloids or 24hr news channels. But do we know for certain that there are more actual attacks?

It seems to me that in many areas of our lives the sensationalisation of bad news stories is making us a fearful nation shut behind our front doors, scared of the bogeyman. Can we be certain that this apparent rise in attacks by PBs is a real phenomenon rather than smoke and mirrors dreamed up by reporters?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 11:08 PM
just as i was bowing out of this argument, i hear on the news that a little boy ( 1 yr old) in UK has been killed by the family pet tonight - a rottweiler.......
its so so tragic ....
so tell me again why we want to ban the pitbull ?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why would we want to do that? I dont consider them in the same league as a PB, do you?

THAT is exactly my point, they were NEVER bred to be human aggressive, but now on a worryingly and increasingly rise, are!

Hand on heart? If ever they were I wouldnt hesitate to comply with the law, Im afraid I value human life over that of any dog, as much as love them.

i agree dawn - if 'my' breed were banned, i would also comply with the law, i love ym dogs to death, but the laws the law and yes - you can replace a dog but never a human

you can replace the pit bull that killed ellie lawrenson but you cant replace poor little ellie
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=Borderdawn;1222885]Why would we want to do that? I dont consider them in the same league as a PB, do you?

why not they are big,strong,kill people how are they not in the same league
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-12-2007, 11:57 PM
you can replace the pit bull that killed ellie lawrenson but you cant replace poor little ellie[/QUOTE]

yes they can, just have another kid
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
you can replace the pit bull that killed ellie lawrenson but you cant replace poor little ellie
yes they can, just have another kid[/QUOTE]

thats harsh

so if something happend to your kid (dont know if you have kids or whatever, and i hope nothing does) but say they got attacked, like ellie, you going to replace them with another and say "ahh well well just replace that human life"

dont post horrible stuff like that - thats a really mean and nasty thing to say about someone who has lost the most precios thing in the world to them
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=suze;1222968]yes they can, just have another kid

thats harsh

so if something happend to your kid (dont know if you have kids or whatever, and i hope nothing does) but say they got attacked, like ellie, you going to replace them with another and say "ahh well well just replace that human life"

dont post horrible stuff like that - thats a really mean and nasty thing to say about someone who has lost the most precios thing in the world to them
whilst i agree that its not a nice way to put it- i think that this particular situation with Ellie and the way that she died was a complete lack of responsibility by ALL memners of the family that were responsible for that little girl.

nothing can replace a lost child. But i do question why the authorities felt a 6 month sentence was respectable for the owner of this dog who made it the killer it turned out to be. Nothing to stop him from doing it all over again other than his own conscience.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
yes they can, just have another kid

thats harsh

dont post horrible stuff like that - thats a really mean and nasty thing to say about someone who has lost the most precios thing in the world to them[/quote]

But suze at the end of the day some people cant have kids and there dogs are there kids, theyve never experienced giving birth so them there dogs are there kids so if you say huh you lost your dog get another, you might just as well be saying get another kid, so to say it about a animal is in the same nastiness as to say it about a child.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
thats harsh

But suze at the end of the day some people cant have kids and there dogs are there kids, theyve never experienced giving birth so them there dogs are there kids so if you say huh you lost your dog get another, you might just as well be saying get another kid, so to say it about a animal is in the same nastiness as to say it about a child.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Zb i lost my dog 2 years ago and tbh i felt like i lost the will to live , i know he was only a dog but to me he was my whole world as unfortunatley i cant have children so my dogs are my kids , xxdk
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 12:13 AM
yes zb i get that

someone i know lost a boy to a drunken yobbo - believe me she cant get over it, that was 2 years ago,, its a horrible thing i can imagine to go through

i get what you mean but there was no need for such a flippant comment

at the end of the day we all love our dogs, but they arnt around for as long as kids whether you have them or not...

and yes the family of Ellie are a complete waste of space - and i hope this whole thing haunts them,,, no matter how awful it was loosing a child

look at maddie, ok no dog attack, they lost a child, look at the grief its caused them, they ave 2 other kids and they are young enough to have more, but can you replace that one child ..... no

if your 'brown mut ' dies - go buy another one - you can buy a kid of their life
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 37 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »