View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 09:36 AM
I also make my own bread. Would be interested in your perfect recipe though Kerriebaby, always looking for ways to improve mine (I'm fairly new to it). Stopped buying bread when we were getting it home, opening it and finding it was already mouldy.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 12:26 PM
.... just found out that the gym I was going to join, the one my brother uses 3-4 times a week, is probably going to shut down

Council round here complaining about health and safety.

It's a 24/7 gym and isn't "manned" during non working hours.

But all night-time cleaners etc have first aid training, there are emergency buttons everywhere and cctv all over the place linked directly to emergency services, and you have a unique code per member (members only) which you have to put in to separate doors and there is a system in place which only allows one person through at a time. It is the biggest most popular gym round here...... massive gym open 24/7 for £17 a month, the councils gyms are small, not well maintained, useless staff even though they are there - working hours - and are like £45 a month..... they clearly just aren't liking being undercut so are threatening to close the good one

*rant over*
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
I have really gotten
I used to really dislike water, but it has really grown on me!

Apparently if you cut up fresh fruit and let it soak in water in a bowl in the fridge, you can get flavoured water but with out anything nasty in it!
i get bored with water quite easy, but i buy a lemon and lime, and add slices to my bottles. works for me
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
see...I make my own bread...now I have the PERFECT recipe, I aint never buying bread again..I also make my own yoghurt..way cheaper and healthier than shop bought
Is that the yoghurt you buy the sachets for and make using a sort of flask thing? (seen it in health shop before but wasnt sure if it would really work out cheaper or not. But if its the same then it is all supposed to be high in pro-biotics etc.
.... just found out that the gym I was going to join, the one my brother uses 3-4 times a week, is probably going to shut down

Council round here complaining about health and safety.

It's a 24/7 gym and isn't "manned" during non working hours.

But all night-time cleaners etc have first aid training, there are emergency buttons everywhere and cctv all over the place linked directly to emergency services, and you have a unique code per member (members only) which you have to put in to separate doors and there is a system in place which only allows one person through at a time. It is the biggest most popular gym round here...... massive gym open 24/7 for £17 a month, the councils gyms are small, not well maintained, useless staff even though they are there - working hours - and are like £45 a month..... they clearly just aren't liking being undercut so are threatening to close the good one

*rant over*
thats pretty pants, we dont even have one at the moment, not even a council one
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 07:18 PM
It's mums b'day today so I have just had a take away and cake LOL.

But I had a smaller amount of food and a small bit of cake... hope that doesn't ruin my chances of losing any weight this week!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 09:19 PM
It shouldn't do Just be good the rest of the week and you should be fine! I've just had 2 portions of Baileys Profiteroles if it makes you feel any better.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Thanks

Weight day tomorrow, and I am actually worried I haven't lost anything this week so we will see.
I will post here either way! (You lot can be my mini weight-watchers-a-like club )

The gym being closed is - at the moment - just words apparently. So I went to the gym last night and found out just how unfit I actually am! Sure I can walk for miles and be fine, but anything more strenuous and apparently it tries to kill me

I haven't decided if I want to keep going back and get fitter that way, or if I want to try and lose more weight and get a bit fitter here from like... running up and down the stairs, and fitness dvds and stuff, and then join the gym when I am a bit fitter already!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 08:09 PM
What do you guys have as snacks after tea?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 08:17 PM
What do you guys have as snacks after tea?
nuts (bought a pack after the tip on here ) only about 6 though as they are a bit high on fat/calories.

Aero dessert pots are about 100 cals a pot, activia (yes, I STILL have some ) about 77cals(?) The Acvtivia snackpots are 99 cals though.

Dolmio snack pots are under 300 calories I think.

Small banana is about 50 cals

Tonight I have gone mad; bad day today and wasnt thinking straight. Take out pizza....will walk my socks off tomorrow morning!!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm not really a fan of nuts! I love dried fruit but the sugar content is extreme!

Thanks for the other suggestions

I also love low calorie cereal bars, but feel that I may be eating too many of them now....

I have had a semi-bad day today, but did quite a bit of fast paced walking - but weight day tomorrow, so this week as long as I haven't gained anything I will be happy
Page 17 of 29 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »