Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Do you have to work hard SB at being so obnoxious? Your patronising and condescending way of addressing those people who you clearly do not like is rude in the extreme. But never mind, setting that aside, you make some interesting comments which i will attempt to address.

I am trying to present some illustrations of very, very rare occasions when I WOULD kick a dog. I personally do not think it acceptable to kick any animal unless one were fighting for one's life. I gave the example of a dog pinning me down by the throat - extremely unlikely to happen, I agree, but I am trying to give an extreme example. If the dog in question were a bitch, then a well-aimed kick (not in the testicles of course!) would be just as effective - have you ever been punched in the breasts? I have and it is extremely painful!

There are many things that I can comment upon without having personally experienced - after 58 years of living as me, I think I probably know pretty well how I would behave in any given situation, and I know that unless it were life-threatening, I would not kick any animal, humans included.

Actually I disagree about Holly - she attacked CM. She lunged forward at him in a full on attack, and frankly I cannot blame her. The man was behaving like an idiot and deserved all he got. However, the resulting injury was nowhere near as bad as it could have been, she was restrained in her attack. The injury to which I refer inflicted upon OH was much worse than the one in question.

Regarding the point about talking semantically, whereas you might be correct in your criticism of my english - what I should have said is "I was talking semantics" - I was not aware that Dogsey demands perfection in the use of the english language. As far as I am concerned, we are here on this part of the forum to talk "dog", not be overly concerned about the correctness of our use of the english language!
Oh Gnasher, you are entertaining.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
is that what you call it?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Gee fanx!!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 02:48 PM
If Holly attacked then when I was bitten it must have been a savaging ! And I hasn't to add it was just a bite no attacking or savaging involved. Hurt like hell though !
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Havent played the Millan game in a long time - I am so happy for this thread to remind me - the dogs are positivly giddy now

Try it with your dogs - make a tsssstt noise while jabbing both hands at the side of the dogs neck - my two totaly love it and boing all over the place trying to catch my hand

I am so the boss in my house
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2012, 05:34 PM
He is coming here next year........
When? I take it he will be doing some talks/seminars? Do you have dates/places? Know where I can find more information???

Sorry to be so off topic.

I think we can all agree that this shows how not to 'train' or 'rehabilitate' a food guarding case. I am glad we all know better and hope we can spread the word.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
When? I take it he will be doing some talks/seminars? Do you have dates/places? Know where I can find more information???

Sorry to be so off topic.

I think we can all agree that this shows how not to 'train' or 'rehabilitate' a food guarding case. I am glad we all know better and hope we can spread the word.
Here you go

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=173551
boneo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Can only agree with most posts on here that CM does not really know much about dog behaviour and believes the answer to most problem behaviour is to dominate the dog into submission.

And yes, probably also correct that he is in for the money.

But lets not forget that VS is too. She may have brought a more positive approach to more people via the medium of TV but she hasn't actually brought in anything new on this or other issues.

Jean Donaldson was advocating how to teach puppies that people around their bowl was a good thing in her book Culture Clash published in 1996! And possibly others before her were too so no excuse for CM not to know a better, kinder, more effective way.
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 14 15 16 17