View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2013, 10:28 PM
And at almost half past midnight I am off too - Lila Tov and sweet dreams everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Lila Tov Malka
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Evening all

Why are we burying wasps? Surely they should just be squished and forgotten about?

Had quite a quiet day, I wasn't doing much really in volleyball, I was tossing the ball to a lad I help, then refereeing in it. This afternoon was even quieter, got to start on the next section of my course cause I had an unexpected free period after lunch. Then Geography was really easy going too.

Had pizza for dinner when we got home, and watched TV with Brian, Davie joined us to watch a movie, Brian is now off to sleep so I've come to bed to watch TV and surf for a while.

Tomorrow I think shall be the mahoosive pile of ironing, I need to pop out to the shop at some point for some bits that we need. Also hopefully my stuff will arrive from the catalogue, ordered some Xmas bits.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Hi Lore I can add to your ironing pile if you want
I'm going to log orf now but will see all you lovely people tomorrow. Sleep well folks.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 10:44 PM
I am going too........sleep well all and be good.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 11:10 PM
I've been sat by the babies stroking them.
Did brekkies and then gave Mabs her supper, changed the bedding in the crate, as I go to lift them out to put them in their box I always say come on now babies, and a couple lifted their heads tonight, so their ears must be opening up, the eyes will follow very soon. Took Mabs's bone out of the crate and put it by her waterbowl, but she has taken it back in with the babies and is eating it, babies curled up fast asleep around their hot water bottles, so just stayed where I was with them, got a few rough coats I think, they are just beginning to develop now and beginning to see what coat type they are going to be.
Right off for a soak.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
You know you lot are weird don't ya?
Its not a bee or a wasp its a hornet.
Whatever it is - it is the best sort - a DEAD one!

*any lingering doubts about Lacey's sanity have gone right out the window now
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Whatever it is - it is the best sort - a DEAD one!

*any lingering doubts about Lacey's sanity have gone right out the window now
Hubby gets up at 6 in the morning.Have left a wee note next to the basket...Don't touch wasp,bee or hornet inside
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Hubby gets up at 6 in the morning.Have left a wee note next to the basket...Don't touch wasp,bee or hornet inside
Well you could always dip it in chocolate and eat it. That way you will be at one with the waspy thing forever.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 01:06 AM
I don't think I will have much time for frivolity in the near future. Boss has taken on another monkey to work and let him loose on the data/website/Amazon.

He found a wonderful way to upload thousands of products in one go (I TOLD HIM their Sage Data is not 'clean') and now every one of them needs attention. When suppliers send through product lists they use odd titles and I reword them to be buyer friendly so they don't look like equations.

We sell a lot of memorial and tribute stuff for funeral use. A typical example would be

Black Open Book Memorial Pick - Special Wife.

But Matt has now managed to list loads of them with titles like this

Apac Memorial Book Pick - BLACK DAD
Apac Memorial Book Pick - WHITE WIFE
Apac Memorial Book Pick - BLACK GRANDFATHER

I bluddy give up sometimes!

He's also priced them at what we pay suppliers for them! For instance he has all these on at 1.40 each with FREE postage lol! It will cost far more than that just to post them.

I've just sent a very long moaning email to him and my boss.

I sent this Matt Martin's magic XL formula to add the various postages to the prices to arrive at an inclusive FREE postage price but he can't use that coz he 'formulates his data differently'.

So he has taken about 20 minutes to upload a dirty flat file. And had the cheek to then email me asking me if I can 'just tidy them up a bit'. And it gets better - at least a quarter of them are ALREADY on there so we now are in competition with ourselves lol! Original one of the example I gave is about 12 quid and we now have a better deal on the same item for just 1.40!

I am off to bang my head on a wall before hitting the sack with my dawg.
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 >