Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I agree 9 out of 10 inmates do just want to do their time and get out and return to normal life asap, well those doing longer sentences do anyway. Those on short sentences don't seem to have the same motivation as they do tend to keep bouncing back into the system. There is no way the justice system can do a full psychological report on everyone serving short sentences though, it would be far to costly and probably take longer to organise than he actually served.
You go to court, you either plead guilty or not guilty, you enter a plea on the one day, the next day you go to court, if you've plead not guilty you will be given a court date for the trial, if you plead guilty to the offence you are charged with (depending on how serious the offence is) they decide whether to bail you for sentencing, which of course means you get to go home and wait for sentencing or if it's a serious offence they will remand you into custody. While you are waiting for your sentencing whether you are a long or short stay prisoner, or whether you are bailed home you STILL have to have probationary assessments carried out to determine what kind of sentence would be suitable for the individual EVERYONE has them, whether you are bailed to go home, or remanded.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 05:41 PM
If the blame lies anywhere, it would be the probation service for not carrying out a full risk assessment and phycological report that would have been took into consideration for sentencing purposes before being sentenced for what he was inside for, this might have lead to a more controllable sentence.
Oh please so Moat isn't to blame then ??????

Who is his Mother & Father for conceiving him ???

His Infant School teacher for not recognizing that he would turn out to be a killer ??

The only person to blame is Moat, no one else. he didn't have take steroids did he ? or were they forced into him ?????

He could have gone for angry management whilst in prison or when out of prison

Why do we always have to blame eneryone else for doG sake ??

He decided to shoot he decided to take his own life QED

Where was his family in the past if they knew he was so bad ??

Easy to be wise after the event !
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Oh please so Moat isn't to blame then ??????

Who is his Mother & Father for conceiving him ???

His Infant School teacher for not recognizing that he would turn out to be a killer ??

The only person to blame is Moat, no one else. he didn't have take steroids did he ? or were they forced into him ?????

He could have gone for angry management whilst in prison or when out of prison

Why do we always have to blame eneryone else for doG sake ??

He decided to shoot he decided to take his own life QED

Where was his family in the past if they knew he was so bad ??

Easy to be wise after the event !
Please direct me where I said he WASN'T to blame?
It wasn't just him and he did terrible things, that I cannot argue with - I argue regarding the cock ups made and what a mess others have made of this, BEFORE and AFTER the events.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
You go to court, you either plead guilty or not guilty, you enter a plea on the one day, the next day you go to court, if you've plead not guilty you will be given a court date for the trial, if you plead guilty to the offence you are charged with (depending on how serious the offence is) they decide whether to bail you for sentencing, which of course means you get to go home and wait for sentencing or if it's a serious offence they will remand you into custody. While you are waiting for your sentencing whether you are a long or short stay prisoner, or whether you are bailed home you STILL have to have probationary assessments carried out to determine what kind of sentence would be suitable for the individual EVERYONE has them, whether you are bailed to go home, or remanded.
I disagree, I spent yesterday afternoon in Parkhurst visiting someone serving a life sentence, the only psychological report he had was for his appeal hearing when he'd already served 18 months. Prior to that once he'd been sentenced he had a very brief video link interview brief as in about 10 minutes with the probation service because they wouldn't make the journey from their office in Grays in Essex to Belmarsh in S.E. London about a 30 minute journey. So I don't believe there would be any chance of someone serving a matter of weeks having any form of psychological analysis.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
In which case, wouldn't they have known back THEN, that he was mentally ill????? Maybe it's something he suddenly "acquired" whilst banged up perhaps?? Or maybe it was the steroid abuse and the drugs then like a lot of people said much earlier on!

Why do we always have to blame somebody other than the defendant, and it's usually the police or the prison staff, or somebody in authority isn't it, why is it NEVER the defendent!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well if Im honest, I am absolutely sick to death about hearing about a man who killed, injured, maimed and terrified people for an entire week, and now people having sympathy for this "person!" I cannot understand how anyone can defend such an abhorrent and vile man, who took pleasure from harming others. Id be happy never to hear his name again. I only wish the police ended it sooner.
I agree Dawn the man was a cold blooded murderer, he killed one man and injured two others.

I have no sympathy at all for him, personally I am appalled by the FB support group, and anyone who seems to have sympathy for him, he was failed he failed himself, he knew what he intended to do and he carried it out.

I have nothing but admiration for the police who took part in all the investigations , and thank God , he did nto take anyone else with him, before his death!!

Originally Posted by Nicci_L The police even cocked that up apparently and took the wrong friend there :roll: and apparently was also arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
Whatever the circumstances I still feel he and others involved were failed miserably. Imagine had he been one of your own, would anything have stopped you trying to get to him ? I think not.
We as parents don't have crystal balls, and can only mould, shape and influence them so much, we sadly cannot make guarantee's regarding which paths in life they choose to take

Cant agree there, the police did a very good job in the circumstances, my sympathies go to those who are victim of his acts, and their families, along with Moets mothers, but thats as far as it will go.

The bloke will rot in hell, and thats what he deserves.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I disagree, I spent yesterday afternoon in Parkhurst visiting someone serving a life sentence, the only psychological report he had was for his appeal hearing when he'd already served 18 months. Prior to that once he'd been sentenced he had a very brief video link interview brief as in about 10 minutes with the probation service because they wouldn't make the journey from their office in Grays in Essex to Belmarsh in S.E. London about a 30 minute journey. So I don't believe there would be any chance of someone serving a matter of weeks having any form of psychological analysis.
Probationary reports are carried out by video link if someone is serving time in prison or miles away.

You DO have to have probationary assessments carried out BEFORE sentencing for the court to beable to determine what kind of sentence to pass, whether you be on bail, or remanded.

As for your friend it just goes to show, that most the time folks aren't bothered and are incapable of doing what they are paid to do either due to lack of manpower and funding instead of an in depth full report which would have uncovered underlying risks and issues and potential risk this man probably recieved an allotted 10 minute slot via video link from a young probation officer that he had never met.

This course of action is okay as long as the prisoner on release plays the game, when it does not become okay is when the crap hits the fan as in this case.

Some young probation officer after a years college on a fast track will of course become the scapegoat, for a widespread problem that needs to be addressed.

The police top brass can show their sorrow on the TV, but who is really the looser ? The people that are dead, injured and maimed, the children on all sides that have lost a father and lastly if the system had done it's job proporly who knows Mr Moat may have been a reformed character and re-united with his family.

This train of thought is within a perfect world, but as we all know the world we live in is not perfect, life is tough and you need to look at things that happen in your life with a mature and level head to survive.

Mr Moat could have been a man wronged by the system, or on the other hand a man ravaged by hatred, isolation and steroid abuse who was unable to make sensible and rational decisons, in either case we will never know!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree Dawn the man was a cold blooded murderer, he killed one man and injured two others.

I have no sympathy at all for him, personally I am appalled by the FB support group, and anyone who seems to have sympathy for him, he was failed he failed himself, he knew what he intended to do and he carried it out.

I have nothing but admiration for the police who took part in all the investigations , and thank God , he did nto take anyone else with him, before his death!!

Cant agree there, the police did a very good job in the circumstances, my sympathies go to those who are victim of his acts, and their families, along with Moets mothers, but thats as far as it will go.

The bloke will rot in hell, and thats what he deserves.
YES, NOW he will get his true (can't think of the word lol!), and his final fitting sentence!!! I hope!!!
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I think moat had decided he was going die, one way or the other, be it by the police or by his own hand. he had said there was no-way he was going to go back to prison.
I also think he shot that officer to anger and taunt the police, to try to make sure they shot him.
We don't know, but maybe because the police had said they won't shot him he had decided to shot himself because there was no way out for him, and the police used the tazers to try and stop him but failed.
Was he mentally ill? who knows!!! but he was certainly angry at the world.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2010, 06:18 PM
It wasn't just him and he did terrible things, that I cannot argue with - I argue regarding the cock ups made and what a mess others have made of this, BEFORE and AFTER the events.
So someone else made him kill, someone else made him take the drugs ?????

Sorry you cannot blame any system for someone who self abuses by using drugs & who also breaks the law(by having an illegal gum).

He didn't have to have the gun did he ??? Or was that forced onto him too & then glued it to his hand ??
Page 16 of 23 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »