Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Go for it.
Ditto. He needs a MAJOR wakeup call.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Actually, Madmare's post has got me thinking. There were people around and as Millie yelped, I saw their attention turn. Maybe I could pretend to be one of those witnesses and purely give his reg number.
Leanne you can give his full details and they will never tell him it was you.
It is better than I thought if other people were there as for all he will know they could have got his car reg and traced who he was or found out in anyway or even recognised him and reported him. Especially as he wasn't reported on the same day it looks like it was someone else and not you.
I know you can't take responsibility for his dog as you have enough with your own, but it is the responsibility of any caring person and dog owner to protect and take whatever steps they can for any dog.
Please please report him, tell them you was with him and tell them you wish to remain annonymouse its the least you can do for the dog as he is not going to stop for you, it will continue when you are not around. This may be enough to stop him and the RSPCA or dog warden can offer him support and make him think and realise what he is doing is badly wrong.
You can also rest easy knowing you are doing all you can to help the situation.
Doing this could also help him and his dog start on a new path to build a better and more understanding relationship.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Actually, Madmare's post has got me thinking. There were people around and as Millie yelped, I saw their attention turn. Maybe I could pretend to be one of those witnesses and purely give his reg number.
Yes, that sounds like a fab idea Please do the right thing for Millie.......
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes!!!!!! Help Millie!!!!! Your own relationship with your OH is your business, but Millie needs a way out!!!! I'm proud of you if you use this info!!! He doesn't have to know it's you!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 05:56 PM
What am I going to do Pidge? I'm going to try and convince him myself that is actions are wrong. I'm not contacting the RSPCA as this would mean an end to our relationship and as much as you guys have taken a dislike to him, I dont feel that way.

What if one of your kids stole £20 out your purse? Would you immediately dial 999 or have it out yourself with your child? After all, a thief is a thief whether they steal a chocolate bar from the corner shop or rob a bank.

I'm also narked with all the comments which imply I stood by and merely watched his dog get a whupping. I did no such thing as I actually made him stop. I dont expect sympathy for anything I posted on this thread (although thanks to those people who have shown kindness) but to suggest I took no action is incorrect.

To simply take his dog from him and keep her myself or rehome her is theft. She doesnt belong to me, I dont have access to her and any suggestions I make to him that he should rehome her will be laughed at. There is no way he will rehome her and I know that for sure.

I pointed out that Millie is the way she is because he doesnt do anything with her or interact with her in any positive way really. He took this on board and started to do some dummy work with her, he told me it was because of what i'd said so I know I can get through to him in the end. People have questioned why I even took the dogs out with him yesterday but it was purely to help him with the training, to benefit his dog.

At the end of the day, I cannot take responsibility for the care or the training of his dog, I have 3 of my own who take my time and money, there is no scope for a fourth. That does not mean I am not prepared to fight Millie's corner by making him see there are better ways to treat your dog and that is what I do on a daily basis. However, nagging and shouting will not get my point across, he will merely switch off. As for the shock collar Wys, i've convinced him they create more problems than they solve. Thats one of many hurdles jumped IMO.
I understand fully that you cannot take this dog on but the dog does need help.

Apart from the mental effects of this cruel treatment on the poor girl, she is at a very real risk of becoming seriously injured, if not killed, at the hands of this man. How will you feel then? You don't want to call for help because you don't want to risk your relationship with him - it is the poor dog that will pay the price - who can help her?

Yes, you could do that - well done!. One of the witnesses may already have done so anyway - I would in their shoes. You could pretend (as the witness) that you know him and therefore his address but tell them you won't give your identity.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Report him and pretend to be someone else, he will never know. However, you really should consider ending your relationship - this relationship can never progress past what it is now, you would never be able to trust him with your dogs. Please believe me x
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I have returned to this thread tonight, as from time to time the horrors of the post came back to me during the day.

Shout me down everyone if you like, but I was struggling to understand why Leanne, who is not a new member like myself and who therefore presumably knows the general thoughts and moods regarding dogs of people on this site, would put up a post which so obviously would cause huge outcry and response. All I keep coming back to is that this a cry for help.........REAL help, possibly not directly connected to her man's poor dog at all.

If this is the case Leanne, then please please start by talking to a good friend one to one, or someone that you know will listen. All you will get from a thread like this is more aggro.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
What am I going to do Pidge? I'm going to try and convince him myself that is actions are wrong. I'm not contacting the RSPCA as this would mean an end to our relationship and as much as you guys have taken a dislike to him, I dont feel that way.
Good luck with that, really, think you're going to need it.

Though I find the fact that you seem willing to sacrifice the wellfair and possibly even the life of this dog, just so you can play happy families to be quite distastful, to put it mildly.

What if one of your kids stole £20 out your purse? Would you immediately dial 999 or have it out yourself with your child? After all, a thief is a thief whether they steal a chocolate bar from the corner shop or rob a bank.
Oh, sorry but I can't believe you're even going to try that one. There is a whole world of difference between a child steeling £20 or a chocolate bar, and robbing a bank, or abusing a dog as an adult.

Numbers 1 and 2, require a verry strong word, grounding and all those lovely toys/bits of tech removing for a set period of time. Number 3 requires prison time, and number 4, an all expenses payd, first class trip, to an intensive care unit, followed by prison, or other secure unit. That could go for number 3 as well, if they injured some one.

I'm also narked with all the comments which imply I stood by and merely watched his dog get a whupping. I did no such thing as I actually made him stop. I dont expect sympathy for anything I posted on this thread (although thanks to those people who have shown kindness) but to suggest I took no action is incorrect.
You yourself implied you'd done that before, as you said you normally curse silently. So you either have or you havn't which is it?

You're narked, I'm seething, so thats 2 unhappy people, and 1 abused dog, and only one of those matters...and it ain't you or I.

To simply take his dog from him and keep her myself or rehome her is theft. She doesnt belong to me, I dont have access to her and any suggestions I make to him that he should rehome her will be laughed at. There is no way he will rehome her and I know that for sure.

I pointed out that Millie is the way she is because he doesnt do anything with her or interact with her in any positive way really. He took this on board and started to do some dummy work with her, he told me it was because of what i'd said so I know I can get through to him in the end. People have questioned why I even took the dogs out with him yesterday but it was purely to help him with the training, to benefit his dog.
Great, looks like for every step he takes forward, he takes 10 back.

At the end of the day, I cannot take responsibility for the care or the training of his dog, I have 3 of my own who take my time and money, there is no scope for a fourth. That does not mean I am not prepared to fight Millie's corner by making him see there are better ways to treat your dog and that is what I do on a daily basis. However, nagging and shouting will not get my point across, he will merely switch off. As for the shock collar Wys, i've convinced him they create more problems than they solve. Thats one of many hurdles jumped IMO.
[/QUOTE]

What happens if he doesn't see, what if he doesn't change his attitude towards his dog, and what if he starts taking that attitude with yours, what will you do then. As you don't want to report him, cos you'll loose him, so you'll what, keep talking knowing he's not listening, turn a blind eye again, and condemn more dogs to suffer.

What if he gets worse, and kills her, will you still stand by him then.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I have returned to this thread tonight, as from time to time the horrors of the post came back to me during the day.

Shout me down everyone if you like, but I was struggling to understand why Leanne, who is not a new member like myself and who therefore presumably knows the general thoughts and moods regarding dogs of people on this site, would put up a post which so obviously would cause huge outcry and response. All I keep coming back to is that this a cry for help.........REAL help, possibly not directly connected to her man's poor dog at all.

If this is the case Leanne, then please please start by talking to a good friend one to one, or someone that you know will listen. All you will get from a thread like this is more aggro.
I agree!!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Report him and pretend to be someone else, he will never know. However, you really should consider ending your relationship - this relationship can never progress past what it is now, you would never be able to trust him with your dogs. Please believe me x
I think we need to stop commenting on the op relationship and telling her to leave him. She has stated she is not living with him and so at this moment in time I think Millie is the most important thing for Leanne to focus on doing something for as she is the one being abused and living with this man.
From experience I know that the more people tell you someone is no good for you and you should get out before its too late then the more you will be determined to stay longer than you might have done, as the last thing you want to hear, or think you will hear is I told you so, and you have to find out for yourself that things really won't change, people can't ever convince you of that.
Leanne has taken a good slating on here from many of you, but maybe she will now prove everyone wrong and come back and tell us he has been duly reported for his abuse of Millie, and then what the outcome was.
I really feel Leanne posted this because she needed to find a way to help Millie and does feel awful, but still at the moment wants to try and make her own relationship with her OH work. Its awful when you are emotionally involved you know whats right but are torn and scared and hope it will go away.
I bet and hope if she had seen someone she doesn't know, and had no feelings for doing this she would have done something immeadietly.
Closed Thread
Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »